Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 No Longer Fast Charges After Udating on March 30,2021

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 12:57 AM)
AnnaStesia
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Does anyone else have this problem after updating their Samsung Galaxy S9 or other models at the end of March? My phone used to fast charge in about an hour. Now, I can no longer choose fast charging in the battery settings, and it just says "Charging" since that update. It takes about 5 hours to charge my phone now. I've had the phone for two years and three months, and the whole time it said "Fast Charging" until I did this recent update. Help!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Is the fast charging greyed out? Also did you wipe system cache? And last but not least have you tried a different cable?.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AnnaStesia: If you head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Charging, is Fast Cable Charging activated? If it is, try powering off the the phone and connecting to your charger, to see if fast charging initiates itself from here. 

0 Likes
AnnaStesia
Apprentice
Options

Fast charging isn't greyed out until I plug in my charger. I haven't wiped the system cache, but I did try my neighbour's charger. With his charger, it fast charges. I tried my charger with his cable and it works too. When I switch it with my cable, I realize it's my cable. Thanks for replying.

AnnaStesia
Apprentice
Options

Yes, Fast Charging is activated. I figured out from trying my neighbour's charger that it is my cable. I'll have to get a new one. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes