Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen icons missing description after update.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 04:55 AM)
Yeldarb
Explorer
Options

Anybody know where the setting is to put the text descriptions back on my home screen icons? I'm guessing its something simple but I haven't found it.

Edit: ....or should I say the bottom icons are missing the text descriptions.

16 REPLIES 16
sandyjbm
First Poster
Options

We just received two new a51 Samsung today, and my husband has the same issue, and mine is fine. I don't understand that

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @sandyjbm 

Not sure but check if you have the same Home screen settings 

Screenshot_20200805-004108_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-004123_One UI Home.jpg

 In fact, i don't remember if i choose icon and text in the themes or in the Home screen settings..

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
JPslug
First Poster
Options
I would also love a solution to this! I have the s10 and its the same. Bug's me so much!
0 Likes
Members_X6ohTLN
First Poster
Options

I am using Microsoft Launcher and had the same problem with Galaxy Tab S7+. Finally I found what can be done. Go to Microsoft Launcher settings (device with German language settings: Launcher-Einstellungen für die Suche). Click Startbildschirm (Layout, Symbole und Benachrichtigungen ändern). Click Symbollayout und -größe. Scroll down until you can see App- und Ordnernamen anzeigen. Switch this on. Now the icons are shown with text descriptions below.

0 Likes
Cocofalco
First Poster
Options

The Labels on Favorites is still missing in Android 12 - UI3 on Galaxy Tab 6 Lite - Samsung - please add the option other android phones have, to put it back.

0 Likes
Members_rvjZ4B8
First Poster
Options

Yeh

Download Microsoft launcher from the app store, install it, use it to launch your phone, then click on the app settings and it allows you to add text descriptions to the bottom row of icons on your home screen, phone, messages,contacts etc, it automatically added them for me on my A70

0 Likes
Members_rvjZ4B8
First Poster
Options

Download Microsoft launcher from the app store, install it, use it to launch your phone, then click on the app settings and it allows you to add text descriptions to the bottom row of icons on your home screen, phone, messages,contacts etc, it automatically added them for me on my A70

0 Likes