Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S24 Ultra Battery Issue

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 10:09 AM)
Orosa87
Apprentice
Options
Hello All
Has anybody noticed any issues with their charging on the S24 Ultra. 

When plugging in a 65W charger it gives the blue ring and shows Super Fast Charger Connected but the time states the same time as using a 25w charger that gives the Green ring 

When you go into the battery Settings, the Super Fast Charging Option doesn't appear even though it is connected to one. It's the same charger I was using on the S22 Ultra. 

When I open up the Accubattery App, it shows the charging at around 17w max even though with the same charger on my S22 it shows around 35w+. 

Is anybody having the same issue? 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Orosa87, the toggle for fast charging activates the super fast charging which in the S24 is a max of 45w, if you watch your screen when putting on charge display will initially indicate the mode (super fast charging) then reverts back to soc and time to charge 👍
luke19831
Navigator
Options
I never use the fast charge if I can help it. That's what will kill your batter I use the slower charge and charge it over night to 80% all the time.
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Orosa87. On the S24 Series of phones, you'll see the Fast charging option under Charging settings (Settings > Battery > Charging settings > Fast charging)

There are variations of Fast charging. When you connect a compatible power adapter and cable (e.g. a 45W power adapter paired with a 5A cable), Super fast charging 2.0 will show briefly on the display and the remaining charge time will reflect this as well - it will be at its quickest when Super fast charging 2.0 is active. A cable such as the one listed below would be needed:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/usb-cable-5a-usb-c-to-usb-c-black-ep-dx510jbegeu/

If you're connecting a non-Samsung power adapter, it's possible that you'll not get the maximum charging speed and it may top out at 25W (Super fast charging). Equally, even if you use a Samsung 65W or 45W adapter, it'd need to be paired with a 5A cable. We always recommend using official Samsung accessories to ensure ongoing compatibility.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I agree 45W for the tab s8 Ultra is much preferred but in regard to phones, it really makes too small a difference from 25W.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Superfast charging option was removed since the S23, so it isn't new. It's always seemed like a redundant option tbh. I mean you already have a toggle for fast charging, why would you choose to reduce your 45W or 25W charge speed to 15W is beyond me.
0 Likes
Orosa87
Apprentice
Options
Thank You very much for this information.

I wasn't aware that the Super Fast was removed from S23 onwards.

I'm going to try this as above but I just find it weird that with the same charger and same cable... It will charge the S22 quicker than the S24.... 🤔
0 Likes
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Just to say I was only trying to inject a little bit of humour there with the tab comment, sorry if you've misconstrued this but in regards to the phones 45w charger is quite a bit faster (in fact super fast) so it's not a small difference at all.
I've noticed having a look through the threads that quite a few peeps are having charging problems so Orosa87 your phone might need an update to fix this if it persists and you run out of options to try.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It is a small difference. As a user who has the Note 10+5G (first 45W Samsung Phone), S20 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra and now the S24 Ultra, I can definitively say there is a very small difference in charge rate, especially overall charge time. Thank you for referring me to other users, but I have 1st hand experience to know. And so there's no confusion, I am referring to 45W vs 25W.
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Sorry I wasn't referring you to anyone, I was just trying to help a fellow Samsung user Orosa87 who's having some problems but on seeing your black belt status I'm most certainly standing down from this rabbit hole 😉😁
0 Likes
Markbk182
First Poster
Options

Mine stops charging at 54% 46 minutes remaining, then I have to unplug it and plug it back again to restart the charging even though it shows at 54% as it keeps charging but in reality it is stuck there until and unplug it/ plug it 

0 Likes