Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 02:56 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Btw, did you notice that s23u is brighter too indoors?
0 Likes
RPB100
Voyager
Options
It's bearable for me but good they are apparently working on a fix. Thousands of us in the same boat
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

i didn't have it turned on, colours still not vivid

0 Likes
RPB100
Voyager
Options
It's not intended - it is a bug!
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's not a software issue as previously mentioned here but meant to be like that due to the new coating they use to defect gare.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That was my take as well. It looks way darker. It could be an age issue. I also thought that the S24 looks more natural,not too over saturated that Samsung tends to do it on their screen and image processing.

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
A couple of good reviewers like Tech Chap and Super Saf have mentioned this.
0 Likes
Abx_naz
Student
Options

I spoke with customer service, and they informed me that nobody has reported the screen issue. They also mentioned that they have been receiving positive reports so far! Has anyone else noticed that the always-on display is monochrome?

0 Likes
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

Can people stop it with the "new coating" that's causing the Vivid mode not to apply, and they say it's not a software issue. It 100% is!

When you toggle two settings.. and it changes nothing.. don't you think it's a software issue? :smiling-face: i get that the new display takes a lil from the vibrancy.. but there should still be a difference between Vivid and Natural. why have the option to switch between them if it does NOTHING? :smiling-face: come on, please people.. stop it with the "new coating" causing this issue! 

And explain to me another thing.. why, when watching a HDR video on youtube, the colors are Vivid again? if the "new coating" takes away from color saturation, shouldn't it take away in absolutely any scenarios? 

Piddle
Navigator
Options

Where did you read that they are working on a fix? Has Samsung acknowledged this at all?