Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 07:11 AM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,876 REPLIES 1,876
Wreckedz
Journeyman
Options

Nah don't bother cause I didn't use it and I have the same issue 

popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
It's not just the colours I've watched lots of youtube videos namely 4K hdr footage and the S21 Ultra actually has a brighter picture better highlights and richer colour palette better shadow detail as I've mentioned you would be mistaken for thinking that the S21 Ultra's display was the new S24 ultra not the other way round i'mn90% certainly if a software update doesn't happen very soon my S24 ultra will be returning to samsung for a refund
0 Likes
Zerpro
Explorer
Options

Ok, thanks. Lets pray and hope Samsung even  bothers officially comment on the issue soon. IF not I guess they know its a hardware issue and nothing can be done. If this is the case my brand new expensive S24U/1TB will arrive back on their door.

Wreckedz
Journeyman
Options

Yep me too

LuckyChetan21
First Poster
Options

Samsung should add additional screen calibration option for more vivid colours in screen..all screen looks very dull

0 Likes
Members_bT2LsIn
First Poster
Options

THIS WORKED.. turn off enhanced comfort it makes the blacks blacker like hdr getting rid of the washed out look.. follow above

Wreckedz
Journeyman
Options

Colour are dull even with this turned off when you compare with precious galaxy phone. Eye comfort mode of course will wash out everything 

0 Likes
Members_UEluzHa
First Poster
Options

Same with my S24+.

I switched from the S9 and almost regret it, almost.

I also have an A32 from work, with an LCD screen. I found the A32 pale, but the S24 even more pale.

If I adjust the brightness, then the colors become more beautiful and seem more saturated, but I don't always want that.

I think this is a real disappointment! 

0 Likes
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Yes I'm seriously considering returning mine and either keeping my S21 Ultra.or getting a S23 ultra?
0 Likes
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

hello.. where are you from? i'm from Romania and should receive my unit today.. so worried and stressed about this issue.. really hope it's just a software fix and will be resolved in those 14 days i am able to return it. i wouldn't return it, just yet.. could really be just a software thing. it's strange that on youtube, there is no video on this issue! 

0 Likes