Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 plus battery drain began 2 days ago

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 08:31 PM)
KyleG56
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My battery on my new s24 plus has been amazing since I got it 1.5 months ago. 2 days ago phone started to get hot and battery draining fast even on battery save mode.

I just cleared cache by following instructions but my phone was 99% charged this morning on battery mode and with 2 hours of screen time 6 hours total day time phone is now on 31% and gets got from regular use. 

Why is this happening now? Someone mentioned others have got it after a system update? I closed all apps and everything and still draining. My battery use history is showing twice as high last 2 days despite same screen time. 

Example- today 2 hours screen time 70% battery used. Before my issues I'd use 4 hours of screen time a day and use 40-50% battery. 

Please help!

18 REPLIES 18
Member_YO
Pioneer
Options
Do u have the so called March update installed? I've seen a few people mention they started having battery issues after it.
KyleG56
Apprentice
Options

Yes correct- I installed the march update yesterday morning and since then the phone began to drain battery like crazy. I'm at 17% battery today now on battery saving mode started at 99% at 7am it's 130pm now and only 2.5 hours of screen time!! This is unbelievable. 

Does anyone know how we can go back an update? It seems to be the march update that is causing this. 

Member_YO
Pioneer
Options
Well, if it all started right after the update and u haven't installed any new apps between the update and the issue arising then it's logical to conclude that yes, it's the update.

Interestingly enough, not everyone who installed it reports this issue so I at least am curious as to why that is. Perhaps a conflict with a particular app? I guess if everyone who has the issue, shares their app list then that might help spotting some common denominators.

A quick Google search tells me u can't revert an update but u could apparently send an error report through Samsung members to Samsung. At the very least they might get some needed data to potentially and eventually solve the issue.

After that, if nothing else has worked, I suppose u could try hard resetting the phone and abstain from installing all your apps at once but rather a few or even just one at a time. This way if it's about a conflict with a particular app, then u'll spot it.

Either way, I'd love to hear if someone knows of a solution to this, assuming one even exists.

And in the future, consider not installing updates as soon as they come. It's always a good idea to give it a few days and see what people have to say about those updates.
KyleG56
Apprentice
Options

Well said. I will give it a few days maybe there is a fix but if not I will just use the warranty to get a new s24 plus. I have all normal and standard apps etc. Battery function says apps aren't using much battery. It's something with the system due to that update. I even did cache reset and optimized my ram apps everything. Still same problem. The update definitely caused this

KyleG56
Apprentice
Options

I found the fix. There is a thread on samsung community people with s24 ultra phones having same issue due to the march update.

The problem is that due to the march update it effected Microsoft intune work application..so the temporary fix is to disable work profile apps on the phone. I did that and battery is all good now. Phone is no longer running hot either. Hope samsung fixes the issue with work profile apps such as Microsoft intune by next update. 

OneLoveMic
Apprentice
Options

I have this exact same issue! Hoping for a fix soon, Microsoft 365 is used often on this phone. 

0 Likes
Members_kvNNUL5
Student
Options

Same issue happened on the 10th of feb, 2 weeks after i have reeived the phone. I did it all that samusng support asked me to do, at the end they replaced the phone (2 weeks no phone). Second phone arrived on 27th feb, battery and charging broke down on 5th march. Does not charge at all now. Samsung offered refund, thats all?

Ggg123gg
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same problem but on my S23. It started with the Feb update, but the March update didn't fix it either.

0 Likes
kyu173
Student
Options

same issue, it started with the Update I installed on 3.3.2024.

uninstalling Microsoft company portal app helps to prevent battery drain, but can't use any work related app without it.

when we can expect an update to fix it? 

0 Likes