Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Eraser AI Video

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 10:46 AM)
xmrdevi1ishx
Navigator
Options
Hello,

I am interested in learning more about the possibility of using AI to remove objects from videos, similar to how it can be done with photos. I recall seeing a demonstration of this capability in a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 trailer, but I have been unable to locate any further information on the subject.

I would appreciate any insights or resources you may have on this topic.

Thank you for your assistance.
14 REPLIES 14
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Hi @Babishko 

I also agree with you, we are living very exciting times. There is no doubt about it.

Google boost is done on Google's datacentres and it can take a few hours depending on the video. That would be a reasonable work around. Of course, the boosted video might not necessarily be better. Especially when "better" depends on what we prefer. e.g. vividness, detail.

An object eraser on a video may come to light with some limitations. For instance, the slow motion on a video, only works if the resolution is not 8K or HDR is not active. In similar fashion, we could have object eraser on certain videos and static objects within the videos.

All of these was science fiction not that long ago.

Ms_D
Explorer
Options
Aside from downloading apps claiming to do this, or getting the new Google handset, the Samsung handset doesn't, at the moment, do this. I say at the moment because Samsung is using the Ai technology from Google and they've only allowed them to use "some" of the technology.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Hi @Ms_D 

I have not seen any info on Object Eraser on a video in any of Google's commercial videos. The only reference was on a commercial material from Qualcomm.

There are some videos about Video boost, but no an Object eraser on a video, for pixel phones or any phone. The video boost is done by uploading the video to google data centres to do the boosting and then downloading the video back to the phone.

Object eraser on a picture has been available since the S22 series at least.

0 Likes
Ms_D
Explorer
Options
So it's on the previous model/s but not on the newer ones 🤔 Thry (Samsung) should implement it if that's so. Especially if they're customers are requesting it. 🤷🏾‍♀️
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

@Ms_D 

I think there is a misunderstanding on the function Object eraser. They are similar but work in different media. Object eraser on pictures and Object eraser on videos.

On previous model and the S24 there is a function called object eraser which can delete objects from a picture. It works and results depended on the object and the picture.

But I the OP was talking about object eraser on a video, which should delete an "object" from the whole video. For instance, you take a video on a beauty spot and a person comes into the frame. This function would allow you to remove the person from the video.

Qualcomm made some reference to that function when they announced the 8Gen3 chipset. However, I have not seen any commercial material from Samsung or Google alluding this functionality.

The chipset seems to be capable of doing so, but the implementation might be too resource intensive for a phone. e.i. it might consume too much battery or might produce too much heat.

A possible solution could be like Video Boost from Google which upload the video to the cloud and does all the heavy work on the cloud. Another possible solution, it is implemented the functionality but with limited scope, like only on very short videos and static objects in the video. Similar to the super slow motion of the S22 which could only record a few seconds.

0 Likes