Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra Object Eraser Not Working Properly

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 06:42 AM)
HansF
Journeyman
Options

Several issues regarding objective selection and eraser in Gallery edit.

Manual selection is not working, it randomly selects itself (incorrectly). Small objects can't be removed, it says can't select it. All of this works on S21 and S22.

Eraser, first it selects incorrectly (described above), then if you remove the object it is much more blurry and not as good as S21 and S22.

Stickers, if you are editing a photo in Gallery, and want to add stickers, in S21 and S22 you could manually select the object, in S24 this function is removed, and S24 automatically selects part or wrong object... and you can't change ☹️

My wife used these features all the time, and since it is not working any longer, she doesn't want her phone any longer ☹️

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @HansF 

Manual selection by drawing a circle around the object or by tapping the the object works fine on my S24U. I can also add stickers, resize them and move them around the picture to the desired location.

I would try clearing the cache for the Gallery and the cache partition.  Please note that clearing the cache for the app is not the same as clearing the cache partition. I would try both.

In this pages it explains how to do it.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

It is very easy to miss booting into recovery mode, when clearing the cache partition. If this happens turn off the phone and try again. If you are using a case, I would remove the case. Cases can cause unintended button presses.

By pressing the volume up and side/power key simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears and then release them, the phone should boot into recovery mode, Volume keys are used to navigate up and down, side/power key is used to select.

I would also recommend trying to upload a picture where the problem present itself, e.i. object selection, un-erasable  small objects. We could try to replicate the issue, to see if it is picture or phone related.

Removing objects would leave some blurry behind depending on the complexity of the picture and the proportion of the object with the rest of of the picture.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As you have an S24 series phone. You can use the AI tool to remove objects. Not perfect yet, but I find it's better than the object eraser function
0 Likes
HansF
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a lot for your proposal, but it doesn't work... This has been reported many times on the internet, and also on this community

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/object-eraser-not-working/td-p/9138900

But thanks for trying 👍 it is Samsung that have to fix this.

0 Likes
Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Did you try turning off the magnetic lasso? 

Just press it once to turn it on/off

Screenshot_20240408_083223_Photo Editor.jpg

Alikay24
First Poster
Options
S24 photo editor AI in particular not working. Does not allow to press generate. Any ideas?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Alikay24: Please be aware that the 'Generate' button can only be interacted with after moving or deleting an object in the photo, or adjusting the angle of the image via the slider below the preview window. 

0 Likes
HansF
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, yes this have been added after a lot of complaints, so this works now. Thanks!

0 Likes