Did you mean: 

How do i use the S24 Ultra as a Trackpad during Dex in laptop

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 04:46 AM)
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hello guys,

Phone = s24 ultra 

i looked all over the phone as well as over the youtube and Internet, but can't find the option to use my s24 ultra as touchpad, (like a mouse cursor), if anyone know, please do let me know,
There's no any option or notification of use as touchpad, pop's up, when i connect my phone with my laptop via type C.

It only says connected to dex.
There's no any symbols shows on the bottom left of the screen, when my phone is connected as dex with my laptop hp omen 17.
( symbol of turn phone into touchpad)
i have looked all my phone settings but found nothing, 
If anyone knows please do let me know. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Rajaibrahim: While your S24 Ultra is connected to your display via DeX, check the Navigation bar at the bottom of your phone's screen, and tap the white rectangle symbol with the black border to use the mobile device as a touchpad. For further clarification, please take a look at page 128 of the user manual by following the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202401/20240129135714237/SM-S92X_UG_EU_UU_Eng_Rev.1.1_...

I hope this helps. 

Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply, but , still not able to sort this out,

i have attached the screenshot, please take a look
0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply, but , still not able to sort this out,

i have attached the screenshot, please take a look1709459885899.jpg1709459885900.jpg
0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
If you can see the attached screenshot , i have connected my phone via dex with my laptop, and i can't find the trackpad option
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rajaibrahim: Try swiping down once again to expand your notification panel, to see if further options are made available to you. Alternatively, tap the DeX notification to see if this expands your options. I also recommend tapping on Device control, or checking the DeX display on your external screen to see if you can see an option to enable the touchpad from here. 

0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Nothing
0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, i have checked everything
0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
i have attached further screenshot 1709464220333.jpg1709464220336.jpg1709464220331.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rajaibrahim: Having looked into this further, you should see an option in your Notification panel that reads 'Use your phone as a touch pad", however I can see from your screenshots that this option isn't available to you. Do you happen to have a mouse connected to your device? Aside from the missing touchpad option, is DeX functioning as expected on your external desktop display? Have you tried heading to Settings > Connected devices > Samsung DeX > Start DeX, to see if launching the feature in this manner is of any help? Alternatively, try removing your Accessibility button, just in case this is preventing the touchpad option from showing in the Navigation bar. 

0 Likes