Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disastrous battery life after April update/ Samsung Galaxy s24 ultra

(Topic created on: 08-04-2024 12:46 PM)
Filipao
Explorer
Options

Hello, 

Anybody else experiencing serious battery drain issues after April update on galaxy s24 ultra?

I updated the phone and, on mobile network mostly and with work profile activated, I can barely manage 6 hours screen on time, if I'm lucky. In standby also, the performance is disappointing for a flagship.

I came on s24 ultra from a p30 pro with a noticeable smaller battery, and I'm very disappointed, especially after this update. When I first got the phone in January, the battery life was excellent. Update after update, battery performance seems to be degrading. I hereby attach a screenshot

Thank you 

1000284248.jpg

31 REPLIES 31
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm not on mine. If anything it's been better. Quite often achieve two days battery life.
Try Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone
The P30 Pro was an excellent device. Loved the one I had
One thing I found insanely annoying was the aggressive power management. So could achieve great battery at the expense of timely notifications and RAM management.

Samsung devices don't have power management like that thankfully on the settings I use.
I don't use any battery saving options. Go with as much performance as possible.
I use live lock screen wallpaper and always on display
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems the same to me between 6 to 7hrs sot. As before. Everything enabled

Filipao
Explorer
Options

For me, sot is noticeably lower, on last update, I managed on mobile network over 6 hours and a half with 90% battery, now if I'm very very lucky I can obtain 6 hours screen on time with 100%...

Predace
Journeyman
Options

Hi ! I have exactly the same P30 Pro I came)! I don't know how it would have been before the April software update, because I've only had it for 6 days, and since taking it out of the box, it's been updated to the April version! I tried all kinds of tests, but I noticed the following: reading news on chrome drains the battery by 1% in just 3 minutes, which is a lot (on mobile data, but also on Wi-Fi, the difference is imperceptible) regardless if the brightness is at maximum, or close to minimum, if I uninstall or not the antivirus application, if I switch mobile data from 5g to 4g or not, if I uninstall or not the Huawei play store application and the applications connecting with the watch and headphones that are Huawei ! I read that several days must pass for the phone to "learn the practices" of the user, but 6 days have already passed, and after 3 days it no longer says "learn" on the battery in the settings, and I no longer have new applications installed, so there is little chance that the battery will stop in the next few days due to rapid discharge! I found on a forum that there was an S24 Ultra owner who, like me, used the Samsung Smart Switch application when switching from the previous phone and the same way his battery quickly discharged and then he reset the phone to the factory values ​​and installed on clean without smart switch, each individual application and then found that the battery held very well, but I don't know what to say, I will try this version too, although it wastes a lot of time and now this version you mentioned with the April update! It is clear that we had much higher expectations from Samsung and especially from the S24 Ultra! If there is someone whose phone is still charging so quickly, please write how they solved the problem! Thank you !

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I found mine has only been better since the April update. It's incredible now because I'm getting well over 12h SoT or greater than 1h SoT/10% which is excellent in my opinion.
Tical-Drogo
Explorer
Options

You got a problem. Look at mine today .

Screenshot_20240405_142558_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Adissa03
First Poster
Options

Yes. Did the update this morning. The battery goes as you look at it. And after being in charging mode for one hour, it is only at 39%. Did you find any fix?

eawnej
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue too. Quick charge is suddenly not working, battery drains like mad. Idk how to fix this
Dlrp2005
Student
Options

I'm experiencing this exact same issue!  I've had the phones for month, then suddenly noticed in the last week my battery drain is crazy.  Now my phone is also heating up with the battery drain.  How is this fixed?