Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding - S24 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-02-2024 09:49 AM)
Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
Hate to be a broken record with the display issues, however I've not seen that many posts on banding issue on here, seen lots on reddit. Maybe samsung are deleting them 🤷🏼‍♀️. I've uploaded a screen recording of me cycling through the colour gradients on testmyscreen website and you can see for yourself how bad it is (hopefully you will see what I'm seeing with it being a screen recording). I can live with the vivid thing but this is diabolical for a 1300 quid phone. Unfortunately I noticed it after my return window. Is anyone else's this bad? I noticed it when going to share a photo from my gallery on Instagram stories as it adds a gradient background and I was like wtf 🤯. 

17 REPLIES 17
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Pipparoo 

The video needs to be approved, I also have a S24 Ultra, I will try to replicate your issue, after I see the video.

0 Likes
Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
Thanks can you see the video yet? It was saying processing and now there's no preview at all... Makes me suspicious samsung don't want to post it 🤔. Here's a screenshot although I don't know if you will be able see it in a screenshot if you don't have the same issue 1707560247669.jpg
0 Likes
Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
The brightness will need turning up
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I cannot see the video yet. I do not think Samsung does not want to post it. It has to be approved by a moderator and usually it does not happen very quickly on the weekend.

I can see the banding on your picture. Is that an app? I will try to create a picture which does not have banding and see it on my phone to see if it shows banding. I will report back.

Saying that, that could be another software issue that gets solved with a new firmware update.

Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
Thank you that would be really helpful. it's on the website www.testmyscreen.com if you click the three lines top left and then click on the gradient colours tab you can cycle through the colours by tapping the screen. The green, red and black are particularly bad on mine. I dug out my old s20 and did the same test on that and it was 10x better 🤦🏼
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I created this picture using an image editing program for testing. It is not a screenshot.

Green GradientGreen Gradient

I also visited the website you posted, I had created the picture already.

Your picture shows more banding than my screen. I could see some on mine, but I do not think that this is a fault. I think that it is teething problems with a new phone. This sort of issues usually get sorted pretty quickly.

And just to be clear, this is my personal opinion, I do not work or I am affiliated to Samsung in any capacity, so I cannot tell what Samsung will do.

Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for doing that. Yes yours definitely doesn't look as bad. Hopefully it is something that can be sorted with an update but I won't be holding my breath lol. Just feel like samsung have dropped the ball with this one, I'm comparing to my 4 year old s20 which looks like the new phone 😩. I'm going in to town today so will see if I can call in at a samsung centre and show a technician in person/ compare to their display models. I'll keep you updated!
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I am sorry if I was not clear the picture I posted was created by me, using an imaging editing program. It is not a screenshot of my screen. I will update my post.

I created the picture because  I wanted to be sure that it is free of all banding and not something related to data transfer from a website. Browser usually download an initial preview that gets better when the whole page is available. Or a picture that already has the banding.

Pipparoo
Pioneer
Options
Ooh OK I'm with you! I can still see banding on your pic but doesn't look quite as bad, but is still there. As well as light coloured lines running through it that I can also see on mine, one about two inches from the top and one a little below half way. Can you see them on your pic? Feel like I have a dodgy screen ha.