Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra games issue

(Topic created on: 10-02-2024 08:48 AM)
Masumune
Apprentice
Options
Has anybody else noticed that pretty much no game will run properly on the S24 Ultra yet?
I've read on reddit that it may be a chip software issue, but cannot find any information about this officially.

Anybody have any ideas on what this is, if there is a fix ect?
63 REPLIES 63
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can't say I've noticed any issues.
Games like Real Racing 3 etc are working great on my S24 Ultra
No dropped frames or anything

What problems are you experiencing?
Masumune
Apprentice
Options
The problem is constant crashes, to the point where things don't run for more than a few seconds or even load before they crash. Apparently it's to do with the snapdragon chip software...
Pokemon go and hustle castle are the two games I play regularly and both refuse to run.

Looks like there needs to be an update, but I can't find anything official about it, just blog posts complaining.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Masumune 

As well as answering the question from @Glenntech. You might also list which games you are having problems with.

Generic problems usually get generic answers. It might well be that your issue is game related.

ALCOM
Apprentice
Options
Hello everyone! Here playing a lot of games but no crashing or freezing. Maybe you need to speak with developers to adjust the game for S24 Ultra. Is just a thought.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've noticed issues with some games crashing out.

A couple games I've tried that crash are Doomsday and Chief Almighty. In Honkai Star Rail crashed once, but not since, so not sure what happened there. To me it looks like some weird aggressive memory management, but hard to tell. It's not been the best or most consistent, it's crashed out on more games than I've ever experienced on any previous Samsung device, a lot more than the S23 Ultra at least. I turned RAM Plus back on (I've always disabled this) and it does seem less prone to these crashes. So I'm leaning towards an Android 14/One UI 6.1 issue.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Left to Survive (Galaxy Store) doesn't play right, crashes/ force closes all the time...

Fortnite, COD, EA FC, GTA's and Wreckfest play fine
0 Likes
Members_G0qAPJK
Student
Options

I've also had some problems with the following games, I kept opening them and they closed right after 6 secounds. So the following games are: Castle of Illusion, Hyper Evolution, Roblox, Paper.io 2, and the rest of my games simply dont open.

Members_pTJ0ZNv
Journeyman
Options

The s24Ultra can't play games. it can't run dragon ball legends at all. terrie 1500 phone. Don't listen to these people saying it works because it doesn't. just Google search and u will see million of complaints

Masumune
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I've done the search and seen the comments. It looks like a problem with the firmware for the new snapdragon chipset that's causing the issues. That will be patched, but God knows when