Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is terrible on S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 07:57 AM)
b0redj0rd
Explorer
Options
I'm having WiFi issues on my new handset. There seems to be a lot of lag on the WiFi  connection, pages and apps take 20-30 seconds to begin loading - I'm on a 500mbps connection, WiFi 6 via a Netgear Nighthawk router. Absolutely no problems using the same router on the S21 Ultra.  
9 REPLIES 9
AnotherDEADMAN
Student
Options
I have the same issue with my S22 ultra, lot of the time I find its better to turn WiFi off if I need to do something quickly
b0redj0rd
Explorer
Options
They never fixed this issue on the S22? That isn't encouraging. I've just paid £1500 for this device, I'd expect a fix, if one didn't come I wouldn't buy a Samsung handset again.
AnotherDEADMAN
Student
Options
No I've been hoping for a fix since day one, the WiFi connection is just ***** right terrible. My partner has an iPhone and my phone is just so slow compared to hers when browsing the Internet or social media etc. Just seems to lag something terrible
Gregk64
Navigator
Options
Had a similar problem with my home WiFi and connectivity generally which I've commented on in other posts already. I found that by turning off all Intelligent WiFi settings except "switch to mobile data" made a massive difference and I also turned off initially the WiFi calling which helped. It's not a perfect solution but did resolve for me, if you search for WiFi issues in this forum others have had the same problem. Thanks.
b0redj0rd
Explorer
Options
Thanks Greg, I'll give that a go!
0 Likes
MattCauthon
Student
Options

Same problem here

0 Likes
X30nShaun
Apprentice
Options
I jailbroke one of my 23 ultras (enterprise edittion) so may not have the same results.

On stock kernel wifi has
Wifi 2.5Ghz enabled
Wifi 5Ghz enabled
Wifi 6 enabled
Wifi 7 available disabled

Wifi 5 and 6 seem to be throttled to 700mbs max most only ask the router for ~500

On the custom kernel I have enabled wifi 7 and modified some settings to remove the artificial throttle and get full speed.

However the phone gets warm so this may have been done to give the phone better life as the colling capabilities don't seem to be able to handle those speeds?

Just a thought and your findings may be different however it is artificially throttled and not a bug.
Sime_01
First Poster
Options

I found that turning off the randomized MAC address option in your wifi settings fixed my S-23 slow Wifi issue.

Hope it helps.

Starone
Pathfinder
Options
Found that the s20 ultra gets good 800 to 1gig on wifi speed test with a 1.2gig wifi6 connection, the s23 ultra sitting 2 foot away from s20 get 500 to 560meg with same 1.2gig wifi6 connection testing one after the other.
0 Likes