Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra sleep mode and subtitles

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 05:12 AM)
Ultra23
First Poster
Options

I am having trouble with sleep mode. For instance, if I set the time from 11 pm to 7 am under 'sleep settings'. I also turned on Grey mode. When it was 9 pm and I was using the phone, the screen turned to Grey mode and put itself as sleep mode. I manually turned it off. Then, the next day, the sleep mode got kicked in (not sure what time), and continued to remain as sleep mode even though it was after 10 am. I turned it off, changed the time, got rid of the Grey mode but still facing the same issue. 

Another problem is that when I watch YouTube using Samsung internet browser, it will not let me turn the 'cc/subtitles' off. Even though I click it to be off, it displays under the video, off screen. 

I contacted Samsung chat agent but that person was super suspicious. He told me to download the app so he can have a remote access, which I did. Then when I asked for a passcode, he gave me a link. When I questioned, he gave me the passcode without an explanation. Then he started to access my phone to 'fix' the problem going under notification setting. While he was browsing through my phone, he asked to have an access to my personal information. At that point, I aborted the connection. Is this normal??? To ask for a permission to access for my personal information to fix the sleep mode setting????

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
keith30
Maestro
Options
Ues the YouTube app on your phone it's much better and you can change the cc/subtitles to off and it will continue with many features to the settings to stay off or on. Never let anyone take remote control of your device it doesn't matter who they say there are. You were right to aborted the connection. You can download the the YouTube app from the Google play store and use your Google Account .
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Ultra23 , Sounds like fairly standard process for a Remote session with a Samsung Support agent - although I think that maybe the agent explaining things a bit better might've helped reassure you.  (Remote Management sessions are understandably a little invasive on the device, so in the interests of GDPR/Data Protection agents need to ask and confirm your permission for any access to personal data on the device.)

Just to be more sure that you were speaking to an official Samsung agent though: How did you contact the chat agent, i.e. through our website (and if so can you share the website link here)? And what was the app they asked you to download?

0 Likes