Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to one ui 6 from beta and the animations are rubbish

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 08:05 AM)
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Anybody noticed when exiting an app (swiping up)that the screen has a dark blue colour? This happens if you use the app for 1min or more and it disappeared after trying few times to replicate the issue. 
Animation of the widgets rubbish and it was the same in beta 9
Also the app window will not have rounded corners as it is if you open recent apps carousel , see screen recording below👇

14 REPLIES 14
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
For some reason the small video didn't go through, i attached a photo Screenshot_20231109_094544_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
People seem to have mixed feelings about one UI 6.

It will improve with future updates and ideally 6.1 is the one to look forward to.

Things to try.

Do a 'Wipe cache' and 'repair apps' in the same menu ( check YouTube videos on how to do it).

This will help clear and.sort out any issues after and update.

I personally like to Factory Reset my phone after a major update .

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm not sure what you have changed/installed or done with your device, however that issue certainly isn't normal in OneUI 6. My windows all show rounded corners.1699532700372_1699532700360_0.jpg
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'd be curious to learn what this issue is.  I've had issues in the past when installing icon sets or a new theme, but to return things to normal - if there's  a problem, I find that going back to the default Samsung theme usually resolves the issue I might have had.

If you resolve this, please let everyone know what you did.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
tam1953
Navigator
Options
I keep hearing ui6 will improve in time!??!
If that is indeed the case why didnt they wait and give us a bug free install ,
Rolling this out way to soon has just left us with an inferior product for god know how many weeks/months.... as you can probably tell i'm not in the least bit happy with a partially complete product
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
In the carousel of recent apps yes,rounded corners. Do the following: swipe up from and keep your finger on the screen,you'll see the corners are square
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I totally agree with you.
9 betas until the final realese and the changes are minimal as usual ,ok ,that's fine,but how is possible not to see some in your face glitches?
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Make sure you report any bugs you come across.

I agree, the One UI 6 animations are not great. There are more micro stutters and judders than ever before. I've tried using my Nova Launcher and the animations there are completely broken. Using the One UI Launcher is giving me better animations, but again with stutter now and then. It seems like Samsung were too focused on trying to replicate iOS animations and forgot that their own great device was sacrificing some functionality along the way. The worst stutter I get is when unlocking from lock screen to home screen. Doesn't happen every time, but enough to notice it.

I believe these bugs should have noticed when the Beta was out for many weeks. Surely not everyone was having a flawless experience?

The next One UI update could not come soon enough. The good thing is Samsung tend to update the S23 Ultra pretty much every month. Let's hope it improves for a lot of us with the next update.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but since I can't forcibly replicate what you're saying, it's not as obvious or common as you might think. That be the case, it's easy to see small things like these can easily go unnoticed.

I figured it might be due to using gesture navigation vs buttons, but it's still rounded corners on mine.

UPDATE: OK I see what you're trying to show, however I will say, it's extremely small and not really a bug in any sense. It occurs with swipe gestures if you do it within an app, but it's only if you hold your finger in place. Using it normally to just bring up the app carousel switches straight to rounded corners which leads me to believe it's by design. In any event not really noteworthy of any immediate "fix" in my opinion and it doesn't occur if you're using navigation buttons.