Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible call quality on S23

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 09:36 AM)
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options
Please help!

I just got a shiny new galaxy s23, direct from Samsung as opposed to from EE, and the call quality is appalling. 

On all my previous phones it would say 'HD calling' and be as clear as if the person was in the room with me. Now the sound is so scratchy it's like an old analog call from the 90s

I have tried it on WiFi calling and VoLTE but it's always just as bad. 

What should I do? This can't be normal. 

I don't see any options to enable or disable HD calling. In fact I don't see any way to toggle VoLTE or Wifi calling on and off
8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's could be a network issue, as the sound quality is great on mine but I'm on Vodafone
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

I've been on the phone to EE and reset all network settings from their end and on the phone. Just made a call and it showed up as HD, so that seems to have done the trick.

Although the quality is still a bit tinny compared to my OnePlus 10pro. 

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
If your phone is unlocked, can you try a different network sim in your phone and see if you get the same? If you do, then it could be the phone's ear speaker may be the issue. If not, you should request a new replacement sim from EE. I'm on BT Mobile (which is EE as you know) and the call quality is always brilliant.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nice
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
The call quality on EE has always been bad. Robotic calls and poor sounding calls have always been an issue, more so on android unfortunately.

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

Call quality TO the EE help centre is awful, but calls to my gf on Vodafone from my EE number have always been great

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I haven't read many of the posts here, but in my personal experience, I found that the Samsung phone app (the green icon) worked better for me than the Google phone app.

It might be worth the minimal effort to try the phone app you're currently not using. 

Just a thought.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
Dazede
Apprentice
Options
I'm looking at these posts .I've had EE send me a brand new s23 and sim and people are saying they can't here me because it sounds bitty or echoes. I've tried a 3 sim in it and people are saying the same what now??
0 Likes