Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 vs iPhone 15

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 09:04 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Just a little fun post to compare my thought between the base s23 and the iPhone 15. My wife has the s23 I have the iPhone 15. If you been following me you will know I had a massive problem with Samsung. They have since compensated me £100 which has left it a little less bitter for me. Anyway on with the review and I promise this will not be biased just my thoughts. 

display for me has to be a draw. I prefer the colour tones and the look of the iPhone display. Pwm is 480hz instead of 240hz so it doesn’t bother my eyes like the Samsung did (i had an s23 ultra at one point) however the Samsung has 120hz (my wife’s is on 60hz bizarrely because 120hz bothers her eyes some how) and the colours on the Samsung are more popppy and vivid if that’s what your into. So if you want easy reading and are bothered by pwm it’s the 15, if you want very wow colours and 120hz in an £800 phone then it’s Samsung.

sound got to be honest iPhone wins this round for many years the speakers have been clearer on the iphone and provide a more fuller sounds. The speakers on the Samsung are in no way shabby though. Also noise cancelling on iPhone is out of this world when on calls and so is Samsung. With Samsung it does it automatically when holding the phone to your ear and then not when on speaker. With iPhone you have to select it but the bonus is it works with head phones. Call quality is about the same on both.

software this is subjective to what you prefer but Samsung has the edge here. I find they iOS is simple easy to use and familiar. It’s probably got to the point I prefer it however one ui still wins this due to being so feature rich and having next to no bugs. iOS is getting better but still has a couple of random bugs. Yes iOS gets updates on time every time but with one ui updates it’s worth the wait as generally they are right. 

battery is more or less a tie. The iPhone is better on standby but with the s23 having a snap dragon it’s not too far behind the iPhone. The 15 will lose 1-2 % a night the Samsung maybe 5-6 % In terms of usage I’m impressed with the s23 it does really well maybe 7-8 sot and the 15 tends to get 8-9 I still call it a tie has the Samsung has a lot more going on however I must note the Samsung is in 60hz turn on 120hz then the story is very different but that’s to be expected.

cameras again it’s close but gotta give it to the 15 despite the zoom not being as power full. The Samsung simply zooms more and has a couple of pro options but the iPhone you just can’t beat the whipping it out your pocket pointing and shooting and it being perfect every time. Up to the 15 I would have always given it to Samsung but this 24mp default picture taking has made a big difference.

the build. This one there is no winner my wife’s phone is in case mine isn’t and neither has any notable damage. They are both comfortable to hold, the iPhone feels lighter but the Samsung is more grippy (this is with the case off). 

Samsung also wins at features i like little things like the time to full when charging, time till battery empty its full of them. 

iPhone wins at simplicity. It’s so refreshing to have 1 App Store and 1 app for everything and for the apps to update automatically. 

so in summary if you got this far they are very similar phones indeed I wouldn’t say one is better than the other it comes to preference. I won’t do a comparison on the accessories as there is only one winner with them and last time I got told off 😂. @smiley I am looking at you 👀 😂

only thing I will say though is if you value customer service then you know with my story which one I would get again. Both Apple and Samsung have completely ruined me in the past and messed up big time. Apples answer was to send me a free iPhone 14 Pro Max. Unfortunately it was too late and I had my s23 ultra which was a fantastic phone I must say. When Samsung messed up they have thrown me £100 to spend in the store which I had to hassle them for 🤨 however it’s better than nothing and I will be partially coming back. I am current in the process of looking at an a series phone to use for my work. Will keep you posted and let you know how it goes. It will probably be an a25 has I’m not spending much after what happened. Will I ever own a flagship Samsung again. Based on the phones absolutely but based on the customer service I would have to see. I will never say never but I would have to see much less posts on here about poor customer care before I even look at an s series phone again. Thanks for reading 👀 

18 REPLIES 18
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For the past five years I have been saying I'll get an iPhone but always end up with Samsung or Pixel.

I have kinda settled for Samsung for the time being.

"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

The thing is if nothing goes wrong Samsung is great, had I been looked after I would be having lots of laughs and giggles with my s24 ultra. I honestly thought I had settled into to Samsung. I would say I have settled into iPhones now at least for my main phone but it wouldn’t  surprise me in a few years if I test the waters again 😂 I just need to stay on one or the other now lol 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am kinda a spoilt with android phones as I like my freebies with the phones.

I even bought a Google Pixel phone just cause they gave away the bose 700 nc headphones for free 😅

And got the S24 ultra just cause I wanted to try galaxy watch for free.
My s21 ultra is still going strong had got the buds pro with that.

So yeah I like my free stuff which Apple doesn't do 😊
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Oh absolutely I agree I got my ultra for under £900 (the s23 ultra) my tab s9 ultra for £410 and the s24 ultra would have been around £1100 if you took trade in out the question. This iPhone 15 is £800 has no telephoto and no aod and no 120hz if I’m honest I’m not bothered but it’s disgraceful value for money 😂. I do like that Samsung drops half its warehouse on you if you buy at the right time. ☺️

Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Tbh I get your point of view for the screen. It's very comfortable to look at iPhone screen, but tbh with the Samsung as well, as I found out these days, if you leave the screen on its own, then if you put filters and eye shields on the screen, like I used to do.
With the S24U I got such a all rounded phone, and every time I take a picture it comes out perfect, and I don't need to take multiple shots to take a picture or a selfie like with the previous phones, this phone just gets it. I am not being biased, the phone is just great, I used to fantasise having IPhones, although every Samsung I ever had gave me all I wanted and more from what was available at that time, and this phone does it too. Now with the S24U I am not thinking about wanting Iphone anymore, not even remotely. In their league, both IPhone, Samsung and I will put Pixel too, are the best and it comes down to user experience and which brand you are used to which phone you use. I am glad I stayed with Samsung and I am pretty sure I will continue to do so, because Samsung are making great phones, and also they are trend setters. I accept the fact that phones have bugs, but even if they are expensive, most of them perform great for every penny you spent on them, they always get improved, but at the end of the day, they are phones not space ships.
unknown4now
Explorer
Options
If you like to be controlled by Apple - then iPhone is the way to go. If you like to control your device? Then Android is the one to go for. In terms of iPhone simplicity? - i think you are mistaken. Ive been supporting Android and iPhone devices for the past 8 years. Seen it all and when you buy specificly an iPhone - its not yours, its apples. With Iphone you can do only what Apple allows you to do, where with android you can do whatever you want. Also you mentioned vivid colours etc on s23 but it all is adjustable - more then apple could offer. For final - whatever makes you happy at the end of the day.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra  

I used iPhones from the iPhone⁴ to the iPhone⁶+ and on the whole they were OK.

However I grew tired on how Apple sandbox them so experimented with jail breaking which opened up their true potential. 

For me iPhones lack customisation and Apple lack innovation. 

When they then actually started taking on board the jail breaking tweaks and called it innovation was enough for me to move on. 

Samsung and their devices bring everything I want and need i.e features I want and need. Innovation and quality of workmanship and quality materials used. 

Yes I've had issues with past phone's but then they have put that right. 

All tech can fails and customer service at times can fall below the expected standards for all companies , Apple included 😉

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea I agree with what you’re saying. What matters though is how the deal with it after they have messed up. I will get over it eventually and one day may come fully back. For now though a basic work phone is as far as it goes and will let you know what I think to the cheaper galaxies 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea totally agree, I think for me personally I don’t like too many choices or I will be there all day and all I really do on my phone is browse and take casual pics but your right if you want the bleeding edge and to completely change you phone get an android for sure ✔️ 

0 Likes