Super Fast Charging broken on Galaxy S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 08:20 AM)
the_bart123
Navigator
Options

Hallo there,

As subject says.

My S23U SLOW charge only after UI 6 and Jan 2024 update 😞

The best part is it says 40 minutes to full charge BUT after about ONE HOUR says 20 minutes too full charge and then this 20 minutes takes ANOTHER HOUR

Do I have to pay Samsung to this work again?

18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@the_bart123 

Please run your diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App to see what happens. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do-i-fix... 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@the_bart123: Are you using an official Samsung 45W plug adapter, along with the USB cable that came packaged with your S23 Ultra? If so, please connect the device to your charger, then head to Settings > Battery, and check the status below the bar at the top of the screen. Does it say 'Super fast charger connected'? 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've found the cold temperature slowed my Samsung 45W charger down., very much like what you're experiencing. Oddly enough, my 3rd party 45W charger, charges it like normal.
Jake_23
Journeyman
Options
I had this. Most likely coincidental though after updating only certain chargers would work. An engineer replaced the charging circuit and ribbon and it was fixed.
0 Likes
Turbo_T
Apprentice
Options
Hello I am having the same issue aswell since the update. Fast charging no longer works anymore for me. Please help
0 Likes
Turbo_T
Apprentice
Options
Did the engineer replace the USB C port on your phone?
0 Likes
Turbo_T
Apprentice
Options
Cheers Jake, how much did they charge? Thinking to go local as Samsung say they will need to factory reset my phone.
0 Likes
Jake_23
Journeyman
Options
I'm in the UK. I reporter the issue and they came out to fix the phone. If it still charges, ask them to avoid running diagnostics as it'll pass. Mine was done under warranty as the devices will be less than 2 years old.
0 Likes