Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange, notification vibration, can't locate source

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 07:30 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

This just happened - my phone vibrated as if there were an incoming  call.  This occured three separate times within 15 minutes, the phone vibrated many times per episode.

I looked in  Settings / Notifications / Advanced notifications / Notification history, though there was nothing that looked unusual. 

I restarted my phone and so far so good. 

I'm not going to spend more time on this but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love hear from you. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@davehorne: That's a difficult one to diagnose. Did you have your phone set to Vibrate mode at the time in Settings > Sounds and vibration? Did you have any unread notifications, or apps open in the background? 

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Andrew, thanks for the reply.  The phone was not set to vibrate and in the Phone app under Recent, nothing ... no one called me at that time.

I haven't had this since. 

Strange.  

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like your phone had automatically disconnected from the wifi/5g to preserve battery life and then reconnected and lots of notifications came through one after the other in quick succession
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I was at hone with an excellent WiFi signal, the battety wasn't low, and the vibrations were the sane as if I were receiving a phone call and the phone was set to vibrate. 

I haven't had this since. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes