Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratches

(Topic created on: 12-06-2023 09:06 PM)
Mew2
Student
Options
I just got my new S23 ultra on Friday, iv been so careful with it and it's only been in my pocket with nothing else but has some scratches on the screen already?? How can I get rid of these scratches 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You may be able to hide the scratches a bit with a screen protector but depends on how bad they are, definitely don't be tempted to use an abrasive paste to try and rub them out you'll make it worse.
Mew2
Student
Options
Yeah they aren't bad but annoying as I don't understand how they got there, going to get a protector tomorrow, I knew I should have bought one on Friday when I got the phone but never had this problem with the screen on the s21 and I never had a protector on that, is the screen on the s23 a new type of glass or something?
0 Likes
Mew2
Student
Options
No I peeled that off when it came
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
That's unfortunate. Maybe some sort of sand or card in your pocket may have scratched it? The phone definitely does not scratch easily but I think you just had a bit of bad luck. I can imagine how annoyed you must be. It would drive me mad if I got a scratch on my screen.

You can try to put a screen protector on as StuartR suggested or have the screen replaced but that is very expensive. I'm guessing you don't have Samsung Care+?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This could be micro abrasions in the oleophobic coating.

There are kits available that purport to replace the coating however personally I'd apply a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector that will hide these.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mew2
Student
Options
No I haven't care + sadly
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Ah, look like your best option is to put on a screen protector. It should hide it somewhat.
0 Likes
Beschtruth
First Poster
Options

I have the same thing. Very disappointed in the new Samsung for multiple reasons. I even ordered the OtterBox defender because I'm past they had screen protector.. it doesn't because it said the screen was so strong. Clearly not. I have ordered screen protectors to put on as well. May be my last Samsung if they are going to remove features and don't have stronger screens. 

0 Likes