Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung not redeeming my adidas voucher

(Topic created on: 24-06-2023 10:59 PM)
gohar85
First Poster
Options
I'm absolutely gutted as I mainly went for this s23 phone due to the adidas voucher 
Anyone had this problem? Why are Samsung so awkward with this rule? Shouldn't they have sent me an email telling me I gave to redeem and its urgent ?
The phone took ages to arrive 
I assumed the voucher would come with the phone however it didn't. I searched after that we have to claim via the website which is fair enough. I assumed it was automatic as I ordered phone on the Samsung website 
Little did I know there is a 30 day window when.you purchase 
This I feel is so unfair as I dunno see this while purchasing the phone. It wasn't clear what to do and I didn't expect the phone to take almost a month to come leaving me short of time when claiming the voucher.
I uploaded the invoice which I bought from Samsung website itself plus the imei number 
Any suggestions?
 I think its really harsh by Samsung when the delivery took around 3 weeks leaving me only around 1 week.
Had I known I had 30 days from purchase I would have done it straight away

8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Promotions are normally run through a third party company.
The specific requirements for a promotion would be from in this case adidas and the promotional company.
The details will be in the terms and conditions. Or commonly known as the small print.

When purchasing anything, particular attention should be made to the terms and conditions of the purchase and promotional requirements.

Personally I do feel with some promotional requirements for products from phones to cars etc. They are way too long winded and complicated.
But on purchasing a product, we sign up to the requirements.

I have been caught out a few times unfortunately. Like you with the time limit

Your promotion time limit should have started the day you received the phone, as you needed the IMEI number to claim.

But as I've learned. The terms and conditions need to be studied carefully
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Like you @gohar85 I've missed out on promotional offers in the past so as a learning curve I always read the criteria set down for any applicable promotional items.

The time frames set by Samsung are rigid so unfortunately you will have probably missed out this time.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If its not clear it is misleading and Samsung offers in the last few years have been a pain in the rear.

Simple on with Adidas apart from being super specific and nothing to do with tech and the OP issues, I found after wasting hours finding products, quite a few items are excluded by Adidas and if you don't use all the voucher amount the remainder is lost.

Anyway from my fold and flip and watches, I wasted as did not want or like or even give then to family and friends easily, in the end I got 3 pairs of trainers, one pair where £225 !!! and squandered the rest in accessories before the code expired.

And Samsung preach sustainability...
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
AndrewL
Options

@gohar85: I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding this matter. The majority of our promotions require a claims process unless otherwise specified, as this often ties in with the cool off period after purchasing the promotional product. I'd always recommend clicking on any offers that are visible at the purchase stage to view the stipulations, as this will usually state if a claim must be made, or if the item will be automatically added to your basket, and delivered separately. 

https://www.samsung-offers.claims/s23faststart/en-GB/terms

If you submitted your claim outside the promotional window then you won't be eligible on this occasion, however you may wish to reach out to the Promotions Team at s23faststart@samsung-offers.claims to explain your situation with the delayed delivery, to see what they advise.

AUdreamer
First Poster
Options

Did you not read all of what he said? The point is, the offer required IMEI from the device he ordered yet it took Samsung 1 month to deliver it. As a result, can you provide another way he could have gone about it that Samsung would not have been at fault? I realize the Samsung doesn't ever accept accountability and instead blows it off. That part is on us for purchasing Samsung. I know every company does this but I hate forced updates and hate the permission Samsung claims are required for the device to operate when anybody with half a brain knows the majority of them are not required, given the definition of the word operate, for a device to operate. Of course unless it's in programmed that way which is then manipulative deceptive programming which Samsung is the expert. 

0 Likes
Members_tMitaLp
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. I also have the 9 digit number of the claim and a txt from Samsung saying that it has been approved. When you check on the status it says it will be with me soon. That was 6 weeks ago!  I have tried to go to the complaints section of this website but it does not help at all.

Perhaps a scam by Samsung?

Brian

Really p*ssed off about it.

0 Likes
muchad
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem! Though, Samsung sent me reminders about the trade-in device, not once did they send any communication regarding the promotional offers. I was expecting it to come along with their Galaxy Buds2, part of their promotion, which came to me almost after a month. It is only after the vouchers did not arrive with the earbuds i contacted Samsung that they tell me sorry I am too late!
I have written numerous letters to Samsung, but they just make me go round in circles!
I am really disappointed! I should not have moved from Apple!!
0 Likes
P1xie
First Poster
Options

I've had the same issue with the Adidas promotion. Been passed from pillar to post and gone round in circles since June!! I've spoken to customer service, promotions team and data protection. I've provided chat transcripts that they asked for, which clearly show I chased up the promotional detail within the 30 day period. However - they provided a faulty link and despite my telling them this, they still tell me I was provided with the link within the claim period!!! I escalated to the CEO office but it just gets passed to customer service... who then just go back to the promotions team!!! I've been told that as the promotion is now finished, there's nothing further they can help with...& that's that! I'm going to do a chargeback claim via my credit card.  This promotion swayed my purchase & they do not make it easy. Have definitely learnt for next time!!!

0 Likes