Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email app sound/vibrate notifications not working

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 02:47 AM)
Onislandtime
Student
Options

I recently downloaded and have to use the Samsung email app on my S23 phone. Oddly, even though when sent to vibrate mode or even ringtone mode, I am getting silent notifications. I can see the message come in (ie the pop ups), but it just does not vibrate/make a sound. I've checked the individual app settings to ensure that it has "Allow notifications" and "allow sound and vibration," but this has not worked. I only have 1 email linked to this app and it also has the same settings. My Gmail app has no problem and has similar notification settings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that did nothing to resolve the issue. It has unrestricted access to my battery and notifications are set to push. 

I have to use the Samsung email app for work, so I cannot use Gmail and Outlook doesn't work because it syncs for 30 days only and does not show my Outlook folders. Thus, moving to a separate app will not work. 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally appreciate you've checked the individual settings for the Samsung email app in Settings and Apps and I assume all looks OK in your sounds and vibration Section too.

You could try clearing the apps cache via Settings > Apps > Samsung email > Storage > Clear Cache. 

Have you chosen a pre loaded sound or downloaded one. I'm thinking maybe the downloaded one if so isn't playing nice.

Can you choose another tone to test.

Also try Safe Mode just incase something else is clashing.

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

A similar thread > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/notification-sounds-issues. 

Performing a forum search if you haven't already may bring up some further help.

Sometimes a Google Search can help too.

Apologies if you've tried this already.

I'm more than happy to share any if my Samsung email settings if this will help you @Onislandtime 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Onislandtime
Student
Options

Thanks; however, the assumptions you made are incorrect. No, I am not using a downloaded sound, instead, I am using the preloaded and this does not resolve the fact that when I only have the phone on vibration mode it is not working. Further, I searched and came across that thread; however, my issues are inapposite. I also tried the reverse of the suggested and it did not work. 

I appreciate your attempt and maybe I should have detailed everything I did, outlined that I was using stock sounds, but your note seems more condescending than anything else. 

AndrewL
Options

@Onislandtime: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Notifications > Notification categories. From here, please check the relevant categories, and make sure that 'Alert' is selected, a notification sound is assigned to 'Sound', and 'Vibrate' is toggled on. 

0 Likes