Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23Ultra display flickering while using whatsapp

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 12:25 PM)
Rohittt
Pioneer
Options
Hi all,

I noticed a display glitch or flickering while using whatspp, and sometimes in instagram as well. Most recently, I observed a rectangle white box in the display with multiple colors while I received a whatsapp notification. Does anybody experience this weird issue so far with your s23 ultra?
16 REPLIES 16
CarlH
Options

Hi @Rohittt. Does this only happen with those two apps? If so, it would be best to see if there are any updates or report the issue to Meta directly. 

0 Likes
Rohittt
Pioneer
Options
Hi CarlH, thanks for the response, Not only these two apps but I mainly see the issue with display glitch when using these apps. However, I also noticed the issue while using settings-->change wallpaper-->galaxy themes. While clicking the galaxy themes and when displaying the themes home page, a display glitch is observed often
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

If you restart your phone, does the issue persist? 

Rohittt
Pioneer
Options
I did everything, including factory reset but still issue persist. I hope a new software update may fix it not sure though
0 Likes
todogs1
Pioneer
Options
Try deleting WhatsApp and reinstalling it again
todogs1
Pioneer
Options
Try doing a display diagnostic will tell you at least if its the phone
Rohittt
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the response, I did everything including factory reset. Display diagnostic result is fine no issues with pixels. Only problem is the glitch when using apps
0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

Hello. Notification Function - Edge lighting style is ON? If yes, then for now I recommend turning it off, Samsung is aware of this problem with some users, support replied that they would fix it in the next update.

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
Rohittt
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for the response, yeah it was on when the flickering happened while receiving whatsapp notification. Now it is off after a factory reset, still I am observing a glitch when moving from one page to another. For example, while clicking the galaxy themes, before heading to New page the display is going through a glitch.
0 Likes