Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23U....Battery life

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I hate to be one of those people and don't normally complain but the AI update has wrecked my battery life. This is shocking, I used to get near 28 hours of battery now it's down to 12. 
Partner has the S24u and get 24 hours on average. 
If I do a full factory reset of the phone will it improve the battery life? 
Yes I have wiped the partition cache....on several occasions since the update.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You should post a screenshot of the app usage. Once the battery gets down to 5%. You've posted a screenshot after you've unplugged the charger 9 minutes ago.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I should point out that my S23 Ultra had the update and the battery life is still great on mine. No change whatsoever, and I've all the AI features turned on.
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
A full factory reset would make the battery learning algorithm kick in, so in theory it could help.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rogersdave77  I think it is best not to run the Battery so low, could post your stats at around 15 % mind you.  As mentioned a Factory Reset may make a difference (obviously back up beforehand) with the algorithm.   otherwise advisable to  send an Error Report via Samsumg Members.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
My battery never goes below 50%, have never run it completely flat either
Nimda8
Explorer
Options
Hi there,

It might probably helo the kind members here to help you, if they knew your setup profile, as in...

Full brightness ?
Location on ?
Bluetooth...
Wifi.....
Sync
Screen resolution
Background processes
Standard light profile
AI on device ?
Apps not tailored for 6.1
Sleeping apps etc.

It's really hard to know because our setups are so different, but I think the more info you are able to give, may possibly help some one to identify with something they may have solved.
Hope it turns out to be something simple for you.
🙂
ps.
I did find, going through all my settings, as though the phone was new brought to light many new permissions needed turning off, even in system apps.
Plus the google tracking kings have removed the options in many cases, to turn off intrusive permissions.
It really helps to turn off every permission access that YOU don't need/want, and put into deep sleep, any apps you rarely or don't use at all.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I have changed nothing on the phone since I purchased a year ago, adaptive brightness, location off, Bluetooth on, WiFi only on at home.
AI is on the device, this is when the battery issue started.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

In most cases this will be down to an app burning through your battery juice and not the update.

If you go to battery settings, you can see what is using your nice.

Then go to Device Care and see if there is anything showing in there. Once done, click on optimise now to close apps that don't need to be running.
0 Likes
Nimda8
Explorer
Options
Hi,

You may have done this, but, have you tried turning off all AI features under advanced features, restarting your phone, and leaving them off through a charging cycle.

I updated my phone last night early hours of 19/4 and the battery thankfully seems the same.

1713547861398_1713547861388_0.png1713547932990_1713547932980_0.png1713548080613_1713548080608_0.png
0 Likes