Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Battery life and Screen ON time

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Sundark
First Poster
Options

Base S23. 8gb 128 gb. Black variant. 

After the recent one ui 6.1 update. Battery life got severely poor. Before update I used to get 4 to 5 hour Screen on time, lasts for full day. The battery page says "a full charge will last about 2days and 2 hours" 

Now i am charging twice in a day to get full day battery, and the battery page says" a full charge will last about 20 hours and 26 minutes. When will this issue be resolved? How to get back to previous version?

Is samsung voluntarily doing this to upgrade to new S 24 series?

3 REPLIES 3
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
I'm getting the same issue and apparently this applies too TVs too where software updates limit the maximum brightness and apply aggressive light limiters there is word for that which dulls the screen in bright scenes very quickly
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Lots of users are complaining about this issue. It's possible the learning algorithm has kicked in again after the update, in which case give it between 7 and 10 days to learn your usage pattern. Some users have mentioned turning off some or all of the AI features, especially base S23 users with the smaller battery.

Try wiping your cache partition. Recommended after any update

You would need to plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Check what's consuming your battery by going to settings>Device Care >Battery

However, due to the large amounts of users experiencing this issue, then please feed back to Samsung via the members app - bottom of page, tap on the support tab, and scroll down to feedback. The more users complain to quicker, Samsung can investigate and try to fix

Note: half the time, it's down to a 3rd party app or customisation that's not developed properly for the new update. If you have any of these then uninstall and monitor.

My S23U is perfectly okay with the new update. However it is stock UK, never flashed or rooted and with no customisations. Ai is all running fine.
0 Likes
ck51
Journeyman
Options

Same exact issue s23 ultra . 48 plus hours to 19 or 20

0 Likes