Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Hi all, look I know there's a lot of people on here with battery life issues, I read the comments every day.
I'm not disrespecting samsung in any way shape or form, I've been a samsung fanboy for many years, right from my first samsung galaxy s7 edge, I've always had excellent service from samsung to this day.
I bought my s23ultra just after launch and I thought to myself wow, another top of the range phone, and it was, and probably could be again, but I'm doing something now that I've never had to do with a samsung device, and that's carry a power bank with me every day, and yes, that's just since the latest update.
I've done all the things you guys recommend, clear cache partition, uninstall third party apps, reboot, factory reset etc etc,
How could an update affect battery life so much is beyond me, surely there must be an update on its way to fix this.
Thanks for your time guys, rant over🤪
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Options
I'm asking myself the same question 😕 I have the same phone, same get it sorted, samsung
timbo586
Explorer
Options
S23+ owner here with similar issues. Did you try turning off the AI functions recently added ? It has helped a little bit not solved the issue completely for me
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I still get between 5 to 6 sot. Same/similar as before the update 

0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Yeah tried that timbo.
timbo586
Explorer
Options
Ok, fair enough. This seems mainly on the S23 range (some reports on S24 too), there also was some improvement following the last update for EU 4g bands but still not as good as it should be. I've also turned off Adaptive battery which might be worth a try too. Hopefully Samsung hears all of these complaints and pushes a fix
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Surely they just can't leave us high and dry like this, there's obviously a major problem with their last update, there's no way I can go from amazing battery life to total cr*p overnight.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've the S23 Ultra on the latest AI update and I'm still getting crazy good battery. It's easily matching the same phenomenal battery performance pre-AI update.
I can't be doing anything different that you guys do!
The routine I always follow after any update is to close all apps and optimise (using the brush on the widget). Then power off. Power back on, getting into the recovery menu. Clear the system cache twice, then reboot.
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Thanks for that advice Bigtasty, worth a try, God knows I've tried everything else 👍👍
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I suppose it really depends on what apps you have too. I keep my apps to the absolute minimum. Only apps that I use on a daily and weekly basis. I do have a couple of transport apps that are used very occasionally but that's it. I should point out, I'm not on Facebook, Instagram or X.