Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra /WiFi 6 Woes

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 02:06 PM)
Gonchong
Apprentice
Options
Any news on the July patches? When it's coming and what's included?

Currently my s23 Ultra is unusable. 
Will not stay connected to WiFi 6, cannot disable WiFi 6 on router, all work arounds posted on the internet do not work long term. I live in an area with horrible cell/data, so WiFi is vital.

What is the process to seeking a refund / replacement (should the issue not be fixed)? I love Samsung phones, am very loyal, just this has been a horrible experience for me with this flagship phone.
7 REPLIES 7
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Might be worth experimenting with some of the automated WiFi settings to see if it makes a difference so it stays connected rather than searching for better connections. I find maintaining a network connection is a challenge for the S23U I have but it's not specific to this phone as others have the same issue as my previous phones have been the same. I think when signal drops and phone disconnects the phone can get stuck in a loop trying to reconnect

Hope this helpsScreenshot_20230708_133511_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

From the already existing threads on the Community Forum it shouldn't be too long now / already out is the consensus as it's pushed out in waves depending on phone model,  region and phone's serial and build number.

My phone remains connected to my Home Wi-Fi which isn't Wi-Fi ⁶ however while I've been out and about it has remained connected to Wi-Fi ⁶ in my local Costa Coffee Shop.

I'm sorry to hear yours is not.

Who supplied the phone to you may I ask ?

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gonchong
Apprentice
Options
I bought direct from Samsung.

It's frustrating as it's an Eero router, which should have an option to disable, however, you can only enter 'legacy mode' for 10 mins to get connected to the router. I have messaged the company directly.

I have done all the workarounds, and non work for any extended period. Its more frustrating as it could be fine for days, then have trouble for an equivalent time. It's totally random.

Thanks for the suggestions though guys.
Philbr58
Pathfinder
Options
I have similar problems with the Vodafone Mesh Router. The connection seems a lot more stable in 'compatibility' mode. Wifi6 seems OK. 6e not so.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have mine connected to WiFi 6 at work with zero issues stays connected, stable and super fast, it's is cisco Wireless though
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not a solution for your router, but I'm wondering as a temporary fix if you used a powerline WiFi extender which would connect to your router and you could then connect to the extender instead of the router until you either get a solution or a replacement router? Might be worth a shot
0 Likes
Gonchong
Apprentice
Options
I think my time with this phone is at an end. Constant WiFi6 issues have totally spoiled my experience, sadly.

Latest attempts:

July phone patch
Latest Router patch
Static IP
Google DNS
Only device active on network (disabled all others)

Made no difference, 1 'bar' of 4G is quicker than 'full bar' WiFi6.

Does anyone know the process to request a return / refund due to phone being not fit for purpose (for my needs)?
0 Likes