Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Problems after updated to One UI 6.0

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 12:58 AM)
singaporeexec
Student
Options

For my S23 Ultra, after updating to One UI 6.0 because of the annoying reminder icon, problems start to appear:

• Unable to enable/disable VoLTE when using 4G connection. Forced to turn on VoLTE when using 4G.
  • Battery life drains faster. With VoLTE turned on consistently, my phone's battery life is now dropping at 1% every 5 minutes or so, and I'm not even watching videos or playing games, just surfing internet pages and reading emails.
  • Device Care -> Memory: RAM memory usage increased, available RAM memory dropped from 6GB to as low as 4GB when streaming videos online or playing "Boggle". Had to repeatedly Optimise, very troublesome and annoying.
  • Phone seems slower and slightly laggy.
  • When an app is prompted to install its latest update, the Cancel & Update buttons are positioned too close together, causing me to accidentally cancel the installation of the update on several occasions.

Anyone facing any other problems after updating to One UI on their S23 Ultra?

36 REPLIES 36
mike4775
First Poster
Options

yup mine still causing problems after one ui6 update gonna get rid of mine n go back to  iphone cause I don't enjoy paying out 1,500 for it to reek havoc with its problems at least iphone won't do this no more samsungs for me.hope you get yours sorted out n got rid of S23U back on iphone now n not had any issues n i've updated software to latest n sticking iphone n samsung can do one will never have another that one ui system is utter shite tbh me note 9 works better 

0 Likes
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options
Cheers I have iphone and that has had a lot.of problems as well, nothing seems to work like it should anymore x.
0 Likes
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options
Also going to just stick to 5.1.for now when I get my s23u x
0 Likes
Options
Hiya I just checked and I'm on 4G and no battery drain on galaxy s23 after 1ui software update.im waiting for Febury update
0 Likes
singaporeexec
Student
Options

Update:

• WeChat user interface half-ruined, with black horizontal bars and invisible wordings, must restart WeChat every time when I see these symptoms.
  • Phone lagging after the most recent update in Feb'2024. Must tap Device Care often to optimise memory usage. Onstead of more convenience and smoother performance, Samsung made it worse, as if doing it deliberately to force us to forgo S23 series and buy their new S24 series.
0 Likes
Gb404
First Poster
Options

S23U here. Not updated. This is expected because of new shiny, but failed S24. The worst possible thing is KOREAN "Stuxnet". They should be sued imediately. Every country has institutions for help. Italians discovered those "hyenas" a few years ago, and they paid about 5 mill.€ fine. 

Well, after initial response (I'm mad because of Years of Samsung practices and their branch office responses in SLO), I updated phone yesterday and... It is running just fine (even after benchmark test!. So I'm surprised about that.

Before update, disable any programs and security process that may interfere update like antivirus and similar prog..

0 Likes
J139
First Poster
Options

Had same issues as well, but I did a cache wipe and so far seems to be stable, apparently it's advisable to do one after every major update. 

0 Likes