Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Problems after updated to One UI 6.0

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 12:58 AM)
singaporeexec
Student
Options

For my S23 Ultra, after updating to One UI 6.0 because of the annoying reminder icon, problems start to appear:

• Unable to enable/disable VoLTE when using 4G connection. Forced to turn on VoLTE when using 4G.
  • Battery life drains faster. With VoLTE turned on consistently, my phone's battery life is now dropping at 1% every 5 minutes or so, and I'm not even watching videos or playing games, just surfing internet pages and reading emails.
  • Device Care -> Memory: RAM memory usage increased, available RAM memory dropped from 6GB to as low as 4GB when streaming videos online or playing "Boggle". Had to repeatedly Optimise, very troublesome and annoying.
  • Phone seems slower and slightly laggy.
  • When an app is prompted to install its latest update, the Cancel & Update buttons are positioned too close together, causing me to accidentally cancel the installation of the update on several occasions.

Anyone facing any other problems after updating to One UI on their S23 Ultra?

36 REPLIES 36
MPSD
Apprentice
Options

I am having the exact same issues. If one more notification from Messenger comes through for a message I have already received 10 notifications for, I am going to throw my phone at the wall! This is so infuriating. I have tried uninstalling both FB and Messenger in the hope that it will solve the issue, as well as cleared the cache for both however this did not work. Apparently there is also no way of reverting back to to the previous software version unless you do a factory reset, which I do not want to do. If anyone has any way of resolving this, please let me know 🙏

0 Likes
adilbashirmirza
First Poster
Options
Responsive issues selecting icons and folders from home screen
0 Likes
Rainbowolf13
First Poster
Options

My S23 seems extra laggy since update. I've already had issues with it multi-sending texts to people (android and apple alike) or not being able to send a text randomly, especially on (strong) WiFi connections (like 250mbps speeds). Then it won't send even with d/c from WiFi. It's dang frustrating!! Then usually sends 2+ times after I have to restart AGAIN. It also seems to get hot a lot faster even just doing stuff like scrolling Facebook or Instagram. 

Today when I left the house and wifi disconnected, it said I had no network connection. I had to restart to get on cellular. I've cleared caches and space and optimized and everything and it's still being stupid a lot of the time. 

The lagging and stupid stuff is why I'd gotten rid of Samsung in the past and went back to Apple. It's already seeming to be very similar circumstances despite it being 10+ years since I've tried again. 🙄 Updates are supposed to FIX problems. Not cause more. 

topman1
First Poster
Options
I try to upload picture files etc when an a website requests but instead of having all of my apps to access I only have Samsung account. What has happened?

I need to use my phone as before
0 Likes
NKJE
First Poster
Options
I am. It would not let me connect to Wi-Fi yesterday. I can now but if it disconnects my phone turns off and then cannot turn back on properly, just gets stuck on the start up, repeatedly!
0 Likes
ElHalcon45
First Poster
Options

Since I installed the update I have a problem with screen time out to black immediately after not using screen. I tried to look and check all settings that could the screen time out but nothing helps.

0 Likes
melkman282
Apprentice
Options

My wifi hasn't been working at all. When I try to switch it on, nothing happens or the phone crashes and restarts

0 Likes
melkman282
Apprentice
Options

Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Not happy with this update

0 Likes
ijcly
Student
Options

I am baffled, I am noticing the exact opposite on the S23.

Faster and love the new notification.

0 Likes
rickp3131
Apprentice
Options

As an update. There was an update a week or two ago that improved the battery drain issue and the freezing issue. The freezing issue still happens but far less frequently. It's very annoying because no way a year old, flagship phone should hesitate at all.

0 Likes