Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Problems after updated to One UI 6.0

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 12:58 AM)
singaporeexec
Student
Options

For my S23 Ultra, after updating to One UI 6.0 because of the annoying reminder icon, problems start to appear:

• Unable to enable/disable VoLTE when using 4G connection. Forced to turn on VoLTE when using 4G.
  • Battery life drains faster. With VoLTE turned on consistently, my phone's battery life is now dropping at 1% every 5 minutes or so, and I'm not even watching videos or playing games, just surfing internet pages and reading emails.
  • Device Care -> Memory: RAM memory usage increased, available RAM memory dropped from 6GB to as low as 4GB when streaming videos online or playing "Boggle". Had to repeatedly Optimise, very troublesome and annoying.
  • Phone seems slower and slightly laggy.
  • When an app is prompted to install its latest update, the Cancel & Update buttons are positioned too close together, causing me to accidentally cancel the installation of the update on several occasions.

Anyone facing any other problems after updating to One UI on their S23 Ultra?

36 REPLIES 36
KE37
Student
Options

I am having the same issue. When I come off wifi, it thinks I have no connection. Even when I have 5 bars of Mobile service.

Was driving and couldn't find any connection for GPS in car. Had to restart.

Last night couldn't connect to mobile service_ no internet and could not send/receive any group texts. Took ages for a text to go thru on what's app. Restarted multiple times which did not resolve the problem. This update is awful. 

0 Likes
Members_ya201Sx
First Poster
Options

Since installing one UI6.0 my phone has connection issues via bluetooth.  especially with my older B&O audio and connecting via my car.  My partner hasn't upgraded theirs and is still on 5.1 and has no issues, so defintely the update that has done this.  I don't seem to have any option to uninstall it though or downgrade back to 5.1. 

0 Likes
Kristen27
First Poster
Options

I also have problems with my phone since the update. I'm having problems with my screen flickering when i pull the notifications down from the top of the screen,  very slow and isn't responding like it should. I wish I could go back and not install the update. 

0 Likes
Fcpadnell
Journeyman
Options
Just updated it tonight as got fed up with the notifications. Absolutely hate it I will be going to an IPhone by the weekend if I can't sort this. I've been with samsung since day one. I'm dyslexic and use the dark mode to read things better. This update has ruined the normal colour scheme on top of that some apps including WhatsApp when in dark mode do some different font. Anyone able to assist. Pics for before and after. 1704144404242.jpg1704144404260.jpg
0 Likes
Megallan
First Poster
Options
I have just received my new s23 ultra. I am enjoying everything about the phone except the fingerprint biometric which just doesn't work. This is causing a problem as it says I need to use a fingerprint to access samsung pass. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?
0 Likes
bobthebuilder63
Student
Options
Mines keeps calling last number dialled 7 times now happens if accidentally touch screen i can understand if open app but not dialling 🤷
0 Likes
Members_J9LR7w4
First Poster
Options

Yeah 100% , I have to keep re-starting mine as nobody can call me and when I go to a contact and hit dial nothing happens.  Absolute disaster, who do I go to regarding getting the issue resolved? Emailed Samsung and no reply whatsoever. Think it's time to try apple

0 Likes
mike4775
First Poster
Options

S23 ultra 512gb worked brilliant on one ui5 within a day or two of updating to ui6 I've had 4g drop to E constantly n when putting on charge it stops n starts n stops n does that for like 10 minutes everytime I put it on charge n screen freezes n battery drains quicker n ram uses more than before I need a fone to work not do this it's really put me off samsung it's not worth 1,500 samsung put best processor in the snapdragon but then put one ui in n it's pants tbh I've never had so many problems with a samsung before this I've had samsung fones for years not anymore none for me anymore 

0 Likes
AlexCht
First Poster
Options

I have some random hidden notification sound and waking up the screen like every 5 or so seconds. Can't find any recent notifications that might trigger the screen

0 Likes
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options

Hi is one ui 6 still causing problems x

0 Likes