Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra not getting update

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

I just bough the s23 ultra phone brand new and my csc code is: SAOMC SM-S918U OYN XAA 13_ 0013 XAA/XAA,XAA/VZW. And i stay in nigeria but i cant get system update cause the phone is still at one ui 5.1 october 2023 how can i fix this? I want to be getting ota updates

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

Yee bro i just bought the phone brand new last week. I've been in Nigeria since the beginning 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Did you buy it locked or unlocked?
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

Unlocked bro. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
New Verizon phones from 3rd party sellers are locked for 60 days. If you've only had it for a week then who unlocked it? I think you've been conned.
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

According to samsung its usa version, vzn carrier but unlocked. They have locked version and unlocked version check the csc its XAA. Meaning u.s unlocked. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
But you're in Nigeria. XAA is unlocked from the carrier (Verizon). The device is still region locked to the USA. You won't receive any OTA updates. Who was the seller?
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

But there should be a solution cause according to samsung i should be able to receive update here since its unlocked

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
It might be better if you reached out to the Verizon community. They should be able to confirm what we've advised here. I really do think you've been conned. Sorry.

https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

https://community.verizon.com/
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

The phone isn't carrier locked though. I had an s9 that was sprint u.s also unlocked didn't give ota till i used odin. I think smart switch will work though

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Yes it's unlocked from the carrier so it'll take another SIM, but it's still region locked to the USA. Hopefully Smartswitch will help. Good luck.
0 Likes