Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra not getting update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

I just bough the s23 ultra phone brand new and my csc code is: SAOMC SM-S918U OYN XAA 13_ 0013 XAA/XAA,XAA/VZW. And i stay in nigeria but i cant get system update cause the phone is still at one ui 5.1 october 2023 how can i fix this? I want to be getting ota updates

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
USA verizon code. You could try forcing an update by connecting to PC or laptop and using Smartswitch. Otherwise, you'll need to be back in your own region to receive any OTA updates.

You say the device is brand new. Was it purchased direct from Samsung or a 3rd party seller?
keith30
Maestro
Options
Where did you buy it f from? If it's brought from a different country than what you reside in then you'll only receive software updates for that country it's made for.
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

3rd party seller. When i get my laptop im going to try smart switch but after using smart switch will i be getting ota or be using smart switch forever?

0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

But its the unlocked version am i not still supposed to receive update?

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
If its XAA/XAA,XAA/VZW then I don't think you will receive OTA updates. Were you aware when you purchased?
0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

No, i purchased it brand new. I even used the imei to check.  So what do i do now? I haven't tried smart switch yet. I wrote samsung on discord and they were like I'm still supposed to get updates even if im in Nigeria since its u.s unlocked

0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20240424_211707_Settings.jpg

 look at what it show on my security settings but when i search for the update it tell me I'm up to date

0 Likes
Emmy5
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20240424_211716_Software update.jpg

 as you can see here.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Latest UI 6.1 started rolling out via Verizon early April 2024

You should of already received Verizon OTA updates as per this link

https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-update/

The fact you haven't received an OTA update since October 2023 would suggest a problem. How long have you been in Nigeria?

0 Likes