Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra, How to turn off pictures Refining

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 09:11 PM)
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys,
I'm facing issues in my newly bought Samsung s23 ultra phone, when ever i click picture on 200 and 50 mega pixel , it refines the picture, 
, which is when i go to gallery to check picture, for the first few seconds the picture looks normal but after few seconds the same picture gets dark, look like some kind of filter add on.
I'm not getting how to turn this refining picture option turn off , 
If any one knows the solution please help me.
63 REPLIES 63
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Turn scene optimiser off. I always keep it off
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you're referring to right after the photo is taken, this is the post processing at work. If you mean during browsing images in the gallery, this is simply due to decoding the larger image data.
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
After taking picture in 200 or 50 mega pixel, in notification penal it says refining picture
0 Likes
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
After taking picture in 200 or 50 mega pixel, in notification penal it says refining picture.
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

I think the 'refining picture' notification is normal and is just shorthand for the camera app processing and saving the photo. It's been around forever, and perhaps we don't see it with 12 mp photos because the file size is smaller so the tasks are completed more quickly?

Unless you mean that the notification is hanging around for several minutes which was a bug that had popped up with other Samsung phones in the past, like the Note 10. If that's the case you can try things like clearing the app cache... google the problem and you'll see the advice.

If you do mean that it's there for a few seconds, that's normal. Now, as far as the image quality changing I would try turning some settings off, like the scene optimizer or the auto HDR under the camera assistant settings and see if that helps.

Edit: Just noticed you said you already have the scene optimizer off. Maybe try some other settings and if I come across anything while I'm poking around with it on my phone I'll let you know.

BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Any lens protectors?

Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
No ,
I'm Not using any lense protector
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

When you open your camera, is the magic wand in the top left corner yellow? This might mean a filter is being automatically applied.

Hope this back and forth isn't bugging you, just trying to figure this out.

Edit: Disregard. I think that's only an option in the 12 mp mode. 

topoftherange
Apprentice
Options
Yes I have the same problem.its very annoying.tried all the settings and makes no difference.hope there's a fix as it has ruined my pictures..