Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra - Horizontal Swiping Issue

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 09:02 PM)
DaveX6
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Just got the device today, and have noticed when swiping horizontally through the pages (Home + 2 more), it often as not fails, and the screen does not change.

I compared with my old S9+, which was completely responsive. How can this be? There is an OS update waiting, however, I'm having real trouble with the Smart Switch update.

So, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
That's a bit odd, without sounding obvious if you have put a thick screen protector on you may need to enable the setting called increase touch screen sensitivity, if you have no protector on that's rather odd.
DaveX6
Explorer
Options

My thoughts exactly. There is no screen protector, and I had enabled touch screen sensitivity to see if it would help. Also turned off the side bar. Maybe it has helped a bit, but am just trying it now; it's like I can swipe back and forwards a few times, but then it just stops. Weirdly, when I try again still nothing - then it works again.

If I touch the screen and move back and forwards without removing the finger, it seems to work better, but just now it stopped again, and no matter how long I kept moving my finger left and right nothing, until released and pressed again. Am getting slightly worried this might be hardware.

0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
You shouldn't have to turn off the side bar when it's a feature on the phone.
Out of interest does it work better if the adaptive refresh rate is on?
It does sound like it could be hardware doesn't it which is not what you need.
Also maybe check to see if ram plus is off .
0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
As a long shot I'm thinking ram plus maybe set to something like 2 gig so the phone struggles to even compute but might not be that
0 Likes
DaveX6
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the suggestions. The adaptive setting made no difference. The ram plus was default set to the maximum of 8GB. All I can think of is to make a video of this and send it to Samsung. For sure I don't want a device this expensive, which fails at such a basic level.

0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
Yeah it doesn't sound right does that, hope it gets resolved.
0 Likes
DaveX6
Explorer
Options

Thanks!  I'II update on what their response is.

0 Likes
Bhupinderjit
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on s23 ultra. I thought its launcher issue. but it didn't work with switching launchers

0 Likes