Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra - Connect to WiFi but no internet/constantly dropping out/Wifi6 issue

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 07:32 PM)
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone else seeing issues with Wifi6 on their S23 Ultra?

My phone will connect but then stop passing data until I disconnect and reconnect. The same SSID is fine on my S22 Ultra and all my other devices. I have tried to reset the network connections and all that, but keeps happening.

Changing to my 2.4Ghz SSID is fine, but a lot slower.

190 REPLIES 190
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Chistery, Try to connect your phone to another router. I have TP-Link Archer AX73 and no problems so far with S23 Ultra connected to Wi-Fi 6 with WPA3.

Aeroadster
Journeyman
Options
I'm connecting to my WiFi 6 routers no problem. It's a cheap freebie Netgear MX4200 mesh setup from Community Fibre
Aeroadster
Journeyman
Options
I'm using WPA2Screenshot_20230210_174721_Gallery_1000010689_1676051278.jpg
0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks. Guess it's just me! When it works, it's great though!Screenshot_20230210_180102_Chrome Beta_1000002461_1676052171.jpg
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Using tplink deco x50 ax3000 without issues. Running in ap mode
Matthaus
Pioneer
Options
Yeah mine keeps dropping wifi and swapping to 5g as it doesn't like it at times, only noticed it today and have had phone 5 days
bobbymcsteels
Apprentice
Options
So my S23 Ultra is less than a day old, and I've been plagued with WiFi issues. My WiFi network has no issues for any other device. Being an Android developer, I have a stack of test devices that I have tested today. So the issue is that every so often, the WiFi network seems to just disconnect from the Internet, still connected to the WiFi network but not the net connection. I have:

Restarted the S23
Restarted the router
Turned off intelligent WiFi on the s23

These don't seem to work. Is this a known issue? I've seen a few posts about previous S series devices with similar and tried their fixes as listed above. Also, is there anything else I can try to remedy this issue?
Thanks
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have zero WiFi issues with mine
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Perhaps your router is having issues?

I know for me, it's a common fact this occurs as I do have several WiFi devices connected to my home network (reaching near 50 at any time) comprising of dozens of phones, tablets, tvs etc.
0 Likes