Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra 1TB delayed delivery date.

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 02:25 PM)
ETG1
Apprentice
Options

It is with utmost disgust I write this message and it should be used by others as a warning.

Promotion stated: Order your any colour  of Samsung Galaxy S3 Ultra, 1TB phone by the 1st of February, 2023 and get it delivered by the 13th of February, 2023.

Come the 13th of February (8am) I get an email stating my phone will not be delivered, with no rescheduled date, so I call customer service, where I spend 1 hour, 49 minutes and 27 seconds, and they tell me it will be delivered on the 27th of February. As angry as I was, I accept the new delivery date and start communicating with them to get a full confirmation via email which leads nowhere.

As I have not received confirmation on the delivery for the 27th of February, Today (23rd of February), I decide to call customer service again, who tell me the stock has not been allocated to deliver the phone and they tell me they will not delver on the 27th and I was put on hold to speak with a supervisor for 1 hour, 14 minutes and 5 seconds.

Then I get an email stating there is no stock and my estimated delivery date is now the 31st of March, 2023.

Now I am furious as I have wasted over 2 hours on calls, I should not have had to make, and I have paid for a phone "I may or may not receive 6.5 weeks after my order was placed with a two week delivery promise".

Samsung has been around since 1938, entered the communication industry in 1969 and is the largest Mobile phone manufacturer in the world, but still cannot calculate stock that it has to sell but instead sells as much as possible before the stock has been manufactured and/or allocated to a specific region and relies on lies to keep customers waiting.

When a chicken farmer is supplying any store, they know how many chickens and eggs they can supply, set correct expectations and pay a penalty if they don't supply their contracted quantity, irrelevant of what happens on their farm. These farmers cannot calculate nature, but still commit to and deliver what has been agreed.

However Samsung make phones which are not reliant on mother nature and still cannot fulfil what they have sold. As such it is done purposefully, based on lies and empty promises, whilst gaining interest from money they have collected from customers and just keep on saying sorry for the inconvenience caused by their lies

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND OFCOM SHOULD TAKE ACTION TO PENALISE THIS UNETHICAL. MANUFACTURERS. 

117 REPLIES 117
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
Hi please share your experience. Until.Samsung know its unacceptable to manage preorders so badly they Will not change their policies and will continue to delay..

I preorder 1TB S23 ULTRA on 8 February, PAID for it and got confirmation. On release date nothing changed on system but when I chatted online they all said coming 18th guaranteed. 

On 18th nothing and chatted again only to be told delayed and no timescales of when it will arrive. 

My issue is that when I ordered website said in stock so why has it been delayed. Plus if 1TB was an issue why not be honest and upfront and say release date for 1TB version will be a later date etc. 

Now being told 31 March 2023 others being told June 2023 so my experience is that I am unsure if phone arriving this side of 2023 but Samsung need to up their game. 

It's frustrating and kind of lost interest in their product. Personally Samsung should compensate customers its the only way they will change their position towards customers. 

Anyway please also post your experience only by doing so will Samsung change. 
0 Likes
TomOxUK
Explorer
Options
Have done an email to let Samsung know exactly how I feel and want I think about the way they treat there customers, but guess what there is no email address that I can find on-line. An technology ompany you cant contact by email speaks volumes about what the think about there customers !!
0 Likes
SteveP-UK
Explorer
Options

My experience too, has been SO disappointing. I've been with Samsung for quite a few years (for my phones and other products) and this is not only unprofessional, it's a PR disaster for Samsung. Someone needs firing for this state of affairs!

OK, if Samsung were a startup with no track record of how their phones might sell, I could maybe understand it! But as the S23 is more evolution than revolution, they surely know how to plan for this sort of launch. Here in the UK, my 1Tb Red S23 Ultra was ordered immediately after the official event AND PAID FOR and has now been postponed TWICE. The excuse I keep hearing is 'supply chain issues'. I'd understand and believe it, if we were still 'in' COVID, but this is Feb 2023! So, maybe it's that I don't understand how the 'supply chain' works? If it were my business, I'd have some idea of how much stock I need in preparation for ordering/launch day! Essentially, what I'm being told is that they don't have any stock of my particular model. Why not??? Are we saying they advertised a variant that actually wasn't available even at launch? I just don't get it (literally!).

I spoke with Samsung CS this morning and ironically the phone line was so bad, I could hardly hear them ...then I was cut off! Totally NOT a great experience from a premium brand. Having thought long and hard about it, I've cancelled my order.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I hope someone from Samsung gets to read all these complaints!

So, for me, on a positive note, it's only 11 months to wait until the s24 comes out!!! 👍

(Thanks for reading, it's cheaper than hour with my Therapist! 🙄)

Steve

TomOxUK
Explorer
Options
I don't think Samsung gives a dame about its customers. They would have known they had issues with there supplier's at the start all, they wanted was to do a big launch at the big trade show as they always do a launch in February Take the money on pre-orders and screw its customers. I only wish I could get this situation it main stream news and them to pick it up. Then Samsung might say something
TomOxUK
Explorer
Options
Hi I have just emailed BBC watch dog about my experience and the response I have received from all of you. Hopefully they might pick it up but it would not hurt if others emailed them as well. The more they get the about this the more chance there is of them picking it up and hold Samsung to account. Corporation's dont like bad PR I know I work for one
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
What colour did you order? There might have been a higher demand for that colour and spec due to the offers.
I placed my order on night of the unpacked, but cancelled it as done it wrong and then got the 1TB model instead in Green. It arrived 8th Feb which was a week earlier than advertised.
Sometimes these things happen and if you aren't happy cancel the order and try getting it somewhere else. But I and may others have had their devices on time.
0 Likes
Anthony77
Journeyman
Options
I got the email too with the £100 voucher, i called and when i complained they offered me a £400 voucher off a S23 Ultra 512, with me using my S20 Ultra 5G i saved over £700 and the phone cost less than £700. Plus the £100 voucher i used for the wiireless charger and a case which cost me £20 and not £120! if you can do with the 512GB its a win win!
PaulM1
Options

Hi. I just wanted to acknowledge that I have merged two separate threads that relate to the same topic.

For clarity, and to make things more streamlined, I have also edited the thread title.

This will make the thread easier to find.

TomOxUK
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the information Anthony, very much appreciated, just want the phone I payed for not a lot to ask. Hope you enjoy your Ultra 512
0 Likes
Dimitar6
Student
Options
Same thing here. I have even visited their Samsung Experience Store in London Stratford.....completely pointless and useless like the customer service! I have ordered the S23 Ultra Red 1tb on the day after the unpacking event and yesterday was delayed up to 31st of March. Worst experience I have ever seen from Samsung!