Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 base thoughts

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 07:36 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So after all my fuss with Samsung I thought I would post something positive on here. This is based on my wife’s s23. What a great little phone it is. Perfect size, nice screen decent cameras. One thing that’s funny is she isn’t a techy at all and hates tech. She said why is all the stuff flying off my screen and why is the screen hurting my eyes. Turned 120hz off and I haven’t heard any moaning since. After turning this feature off the battery life is absolutely crazy on this device it nearly matches my iPhone 15 battery which is the best I have had in a small phone. I still think the s23 series is Samsungs best yet and the snap dragon processor in the base and plus model makes a big difference. Be interesting to see how the base s24 is fairing up. Only reasons I chose the iPhone 15 over the s24 is because of the customer service and my worries of the exynos chip. S23 all the way, a shame Samsung gobbled my s23 ultra up. 

8 REPLIES 8
Bigtasty65
Big Cheese
Options
What happened to your S23 Ultra?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The model is indeed a powerful tool @AshtabS9Ultra  

Turning off the 120Hz refresh rate is a known battery saving feature however i do prefer what that setting brings. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

It’s all on my profile but basically Samsung did me over. I got enticed by the s24 ultra deals so I ordered one. It arrived I loved it but when I got into bed that evening a noticed a dead pixel. Next day phones Samsung who promised send it back and a new one will be within my hands in 10 days. I had sent my s23 ultra off as soon as the 24 had arrived (stupidly). Then 5 days later I am told it will be middle of march I receive my replacement 24. This is in January so that’s was no good. I then kicked of and said I can have a different colour or storage I don’t care. They couldn’t do that. I then said get the s23 ultra back. Couldn’t do that either. I needed my phone for work so in end I was forced to accept an appalling value of £410 for my s23 ultra which took ages to come and a refund for my s24 ultra. Obviously I was so annoyed by how I was treated so just went and bought an iPhone 15. So that is what happened to my s23 ultra basically was daylight robbery 🙈

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yes it saves so much battery. I have never felt 120hz that beneficial with 60 you get used to it within a few hours. Obviously I’m stuck with it now with choice of phone but it’s good to know how much it saves 

0 Likes
Titch345
Pioneer
Options
I have the Sansung s23 256 gb , much prefer it to the 14 pro which my wife now has .
She loves the simplicity of it while I was the opposite and find ios so restrictive .
To my eyes the camera isn't as good but it's close shooting in 50mp on the samsung but there is shutter lag .
Bigtasty65
Big Cheese
Options
I sure can understand your annoyance and anger. I've made a vow many years back to only buy a new handset if I can walk out of a shop with it. I happened to be in North Wales when I purchased my S23 Ultra. I visited Argos and was shocked to find they had the S23U in the black 512GB version in stock on the day. So got it and I've been very lucky with mine as it's been perfect.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea agree with that. I do miss my Samsung but I do like this iPhone it’s simple to use and everything integrates well although it’s a bit boring. Your right though the iPhone takes much better point and shoot 1x photos especially on the 15 as the the default mp is 24 not 12. The galaxy wins at zooming though. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Well I have decided the same I got my 15 from curry’s and first thing I did was get in the car get a coat over my head and inspect the hell out of the phone then I could take it back in if not. Good thing now though is after 30 days passes Apple deals with it and any issues in the next 24 months you ring them and they send a replacement with 24hrs or you can go into store and walk out with a new phone. For that reason that’s why I’m stuck with Apple now unfortunately.