Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 5GHz connectivity Problem

(Topic created on: 12-03-2024 06:02 PM)
azzer2000
Explorer
Options

I recently purchased my S23 direct from Samsung. Upon turning the phone on and transferring from my old Samsung phone i noticed that i was connected to my home WiFi 5Ghz band and it was displaying "connected with no internet" i turned the internet on and off a few times restarted router, forget network re add etc. And it connected up ok.

I did all the updates and proceeded to use the phone, however regularly i still get the "connected with no internet" error and it disconnects, connects to my mobile internet and then re connects. I have now resorted to using the much slower  2GHz band on my router which at the moment appears to not have this issue. Also after researching the problem i have found that many other people have the same issue. I would have returned the phone had i not sold my old phone and already transferred all the data over and gone through the hassle of setting up all my banking apps etc.

So my question is, is everyone else still having the same issue as me? Not the WiFi 6 problem that just requires you to change the MAC to the phones MAC but this 5GHz specifically?

Also how long has this problem being going on, did an update cause it or is it a hardware fault?

And finally have Samsung acknowledged the issue and are they working on a fix for it?

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Mine works perfectly on 5GHz - virgin router
0 Likes
azzer2000
Explorer
Options

I too am using Virgin router. Superhub 3? Have you split the bands so you know that you're definitely connected to the 5 and its not jumping back off to the 2GHz for a few minutes?

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Yep, confirmed connected to 5GHz. Great speeds too.1710270661474_1710270661469_0.jpg
azzer2000
Explorer
Options
Yes I get awesome speed but unfortunately regularish 20 second or so drop outs. Trying to narrow down whats causing the problem. As another thread in here has a lot of posts about it.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Not experienced anything like what you describe. Is this happening with any other device connected to the router? Have you reached out to the Virgin community as they may be able to offer better advice.

Also on your phone can you go to settings>connections> wifi>tap on 3 dots top right>tap Intelligent Wifi. Toggle off switch to better wifi networks just to see if that helps.
0 Likes
azzer2000
Explorer
Options
No I will continue to monitor it as I've not tried it connected to any other 5ghz routers yet. I'm currently connected to my 2ghz which is more than fast enough for a mobile phone but still annoying not being able to use the 5ghz reliably. I just want to get to the bottom of if its a faulty phone while it's still new enough to get sorted.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Consider checking if this happens with other devices connected to the router. If so it may be the router at fault?
0 Likes
azzer2000
Explorer
Options
No everything else has a solid connection with it. 20+ devices. That's why I'm confused about it.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Have you tried settings>general management >reset >reset wifi and Bluetooth settings
0 Likes