Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-pen got stuck in samsung galaxy s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-04-2023 07:45 PM)
sayanurag
Apprentice
Options
My new samsung galaxy s23 ultra s-pen got stuck inside the device. Not something that I expect from a flagship phone to happen within 2 weeks 😪
28 REPLIES 28
Franko274
First Poster
Options
S23 pen stuck in device
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Liquid bonded screen protector by chance? Or could be a faulty spring, but there's been a few people on here getting their S Pens stuck after using a screen protector with the liquid stuff.

0 Likes
bhvrdr
Student
Options

S23 ultra here about 4 weeks old and pen is stuck in there with spring in depressed position 

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @bhvrdr . As you have mentioned that the S Pen is stuck in your S23 Ultra, I'd recommend raising a repair, so that one of our authorised engineers can assist you with this. If you're based in the UK or Ireland, you can arrange this via the following webpages:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

and

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/repair/

If you are based outside the UK or Ireland, you will be able to locate your regional Support Team via the resource below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

Please let me know how you get on.

CarlFerr
First Poster
Options

I had used glue to put the screen protector (just don't ask me about it, the glue came with the screen protector, garbage by the way, I'm not using the screen protector), Probably when I was applying the glue, it slipped to the pen without I notice it.

Anyway, first I sprayed WD40 about three times on the pen, even it wasn't seem to going inside the hole, it was. I pressed the pen and this got worse because the pen went down and got even more stuck in there. Before, I was able to see the pen moving, even for a little bit, but now I was thinking about calling Samsung Customer Support.

Then I cutted 3 strips of 3M tape (I cutted it practically the same thickness of the pen) and then I pasted the first strip and pressed it against the pen. I waited about 15 seconds and I pulled the strip and the strip broke. I got the second strip and did the same, but this time I could notice that the pen went up a little bit. Then I did the same with the third strip and....... voila! The pen was out!

Very important detail here... when I was pasting the 3M on the top of the pen, I put it like an accordion and I  pressing it very much for about 15 seconds, before pulled it slowly.

0 Likes
Zelus
First Poster
Options

How did you go about getting a replacement? I'm having the same problem. 

0 Likes
sayanurag
Apprentice
Options
So basically it happened within a week of getting the phone. Since I preordered , I had samsung care+ for a month . So they agreed to replace once they check the condition of the phone. So I send my phone back and they verified and gave replacement
SlaveB
Student
Options

Same problem over here. Is there a way to turn that pen into a hole? Side button on top or front? Mine stucked and there is no way to unlocked it. Used it ones, got phone 7 days. Dissapointed. 

SusieJ
Pioneer
Options
I have the same problem, I've only had it for a week. I'm gutted. I loved using my s pen
0 Likes
Zelus
First Poster
Options

I went to a repair center when mine got stuck and the guy got it out in 10 seconds. Said he just used a small, skinny pair of tweezers.

0 Likes