Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems of Samsung s23 mobile from USA in india

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 08:13 AM)
Sree Rama Raju
First Poster
Options

1. Does an unlocked Samsung S23 mobile warranty from the USA  is valid in India if I want to use it in India?

2. Does the 5G bands of India are supported in the USA Samsung S23 mobile?

3. Are all the features of the Indian Samsung S23 are same as the mobile released in the USA? If some are different please explain.

3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For 5G you will have to look at what bands are used in India compared with the U.S
I would say that I think India used a different type of network
Same goes with 3G and 4G parts of the wave bands
Different network providers use different network bands. So you'd have to look into it more to get the details.
You will probably be able to use it in India, but not have the 5G capability

As for warranty. You'd have to check with Samsung in India. But I would very much doubt a warranty would be valid there

Different regions have different features available, so you'd probably find some features available in Indian supplied phones won't be available on an American phone
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Warranty only applies in the country of origin.
2. No 5G bands in the US are different.
3. I don't know.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sree Rama Raju 

As the warranty wouldn't be supported for an imported device I would really suggest to consider buying your phone from your own region for peace of mind.

You'll know then your phone will be fully supported , work on your chosen networks various bands and data connection options and use all the features tour network provides. 

The issue of a possible Region Lock exists too.

I imported a Samsung Note²⁰ from Samsung Hong Kong to the UK and even though I knew the warranty wouldn't be supported in the UK I still had this in the back of my mind.

Your also reliant on the country of origin sending out the software and security updates too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "