Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S23/S22 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 10:29 PM)
Nuuanceee
Apprentice
Options

Hi, could you tell me about the limits of recording 4K60fps/30fps and 1080p HD videos on the Samsung S23/S22 ULTRA front and rear cameras ?

Thank you in advance !

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Mate I have the s22 ultra, there is no limit to recording time unless the phone runs out of storage or overheats (never happened to me, I've filmed for 45+mins before with rear camera at 4k30). You can record at 4k30/60 on ALL CAMERAS front and back. In 4k30 you can swap dynamically between all cameras front and rear during filming. Very handy. In 4k60 you can only swap between the rear camera you start filming on and the front cam, not between the rear cameras. Not sure why. Pro video mode unlocks 21:9 aspect ratio and 24fps in 4k. Very crispy especially in good lighting.

Full HD in 30/60fps. Pro video unlocks both 24fps and 120fps. Can make your own slow motion if required.

Also 8k24 on rear main cam only, however it's pretty useless unless in great lighting and using a gimbal/tripod. Also comes with a large crop and takes up massive storage.

Can also shoot in HDR10+, but again would only use in good lighting and can make skin tones very saturated.

Hope that helps, I understand the s23 ultra video capabilitys are improved alot over the s22 ultra, but I'm pretty happy.

View solution in context

Solution
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
There is no limit as to the length of video you can record using your device. You are only limited by storage space and extreme heat such as direct sunlight or in an environment where your device would become really hot. Also, you can indeed record 4k 60fps video using the front facing camera. You do not need to use pro mode for any of this.

View solution in context

Solution
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
https://youtu.be/ohlVy2jYTjY

Watch the whole review, it's a great one. At 8.50 they specifically talk about video and how you can record 4k60 on all cameras.

You can trust me I have the phone since pre order last year and love it, my only minor grip is the battery life but I'm a heavy user and can just top up through the day

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
igiveanswer
Apprentice
Options

Sure, I'd be happy to provide information about the recording limits of the front and rear cameras on the Samsung Galaxy S23/S22 Ultra for 4K60fps/30fps and 1080p HD videos.

According to Samsung's official specifications, the rear camera of the Galaxy S23/S22 Ultra is capable of recording 4K videos at up to 60 frames per second (fps), while the front camera is capable of recording 4K videos at up to 30fps. For 1080p HD videos, both the front and rear cameras can record at up to 60fps.

In terms of recording limits, the Galaxy S23/S22 Ultra has a maximum video recording time of approximately 5 minutes for 4K60fps/30fps videos, and approximately 10 minutes for 1080p HD videos. However, the actual recording time may vary depending on various factors such as the temperature of the device and the available storage space.

It's worth noting that if you want to record longer videos on the Galaxy S23/S22 Ultra, you can use the Pro Video mode, which allows you to record videos of up to 8 hours in length. However, the Pro Video mode does not support 4K60fps/30fps videos, and it's only available for the rear camera.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
Nuuanceee
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response.

Firstly, it's surprising to see people filming in 4k 60fps with the front camera of Samsung S23 and S22, as seen in this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exZj_OExa4I.

Also, I need to record videos longer than 10 minutes. According to what you said, the only option would be to use the "pro video" mode and only with the rear camera. However, I'm surprised because with my Samsung S8, I can record videos of more than 20 minutes with both the front and rear cameras without enabling "pro video" mode. Could you confirm this?

0 Likes
Solution
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Mate I have the s22 ultra, there is no limit to recording time unless the phone runs out of storage or overheats (never happened to me, I've filmed for 45+mins before with rear camera at 4k30). You can record at 4k30/60 on ALL CAMERAS front and back. In 4k30 you can swap dynamically between all cameras front and rear during filming. Very handy. In 4k60 you can only swap between the rear camera you start filming on and the front cam, not between the rear cameras. Not sure why. Pro video mode unlocks 21:9 aspect ratio and 24fps in 4k. Very crispy especially in good lighting.

Full HD in 30/60fps. Pro video unlocks both 24fps and 120fps. Can make your own slow motion if required.

Also 8k24 on rear main cam only, however it's pretty useless unless in great lighting and using a gimbal/tripod. Also comes with a large crop and takes up massive storage.

Can also shoot in HDR10+, but again would only use in good lighting and can make skin tones very saturated.

Hope that helps, I understand the s23 ultra video capabilitys are improved alot over the s22 ultra, but I'm pretty happy.
Solution
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
There is no limit as to the length of video you can record using your device. You are only limited by storage space and extreme heat such as direct sunlight or in an environment where your device would become really hot. Also, you can indeed record 4k 60fps video using the front facing camera. You do not need to use pro mode for any of this.
Nuuanceee
Apprentice
Options

I want to buy the S22 Ultra and my main criterion is to be able to record 4K video at 60 frames per second with both front and rear cameras, with no time limit (except for storage and overheating issues). While I trust you, given the high value of the purchase, I prefer to be cautious. Is there an official article from Samsung that confirms these features to reassure me? Because, for example, this official article seems to indicate otherwise.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001538/

Solution
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
https://youtu.be/ohlVy2jYTjY

Watch the whole review, it's a great one. At 8.50 they specifically talk about video and how you can record 4k60 on all cameras.

You can trust me I have the phone since pre order last year and love it, my only minor grip is the battery life but I'm a heavy user and can just top up through the day
Nuuanceee
Apprentice
Options

Thanks !!!

0 Likes