Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra slow supercharge 2.0. It takes hours from low charge.

(Topic created on: 03-06-2024 01:19 AM)
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
I have an S23 Ultra which, if the battery is very low, say 10%, will take several hours to charge up to full. The phone registers a supercharge cable and charger is connected and reports about an hour for it to charge, but it will often take over 2 hours, even if I leave the phone alone with the screen off. 

I've tried a Samsung 5 amp cable, 2x belkin 5 amp cables, and 3 different Samsung chargers (2x 45w chargers and the latest trio 65w charger). 

I've installed accubattery and in the early stages of charging, it's not stable, with the wattage and amps jumping around all over the place and often going negative which would indicate it's not actually charging at all. When charging does eventually settle, the phone never shows more than about 15-18w charge power. 

My battery went flat earlier today and the phone turned off, but after connecting the charger it took about 20 minutes for the phone to become bootable. 

I suspect a hardware issue but I have tried a factory reset and also cleared the cache partition. 

Not sure what more I can do. 

Any ideas? 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try diagnostics via Samsung members app 

0 Likes
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
That suggests things are normal.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Contact Samsung tech support 

0 Likes
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
Already there. I have booked their mobile repair team to pay me a visit on the 11th. They claim they can fix things on site in about an hour so I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.
0 Likes
MandaSky
First Poster
Options
Would love to know how that service worked out for you.....?
0 Likes
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
It went really well. The repairman turned up an hour early and was done in about 40 minutes. He'd replaced the charging port/board. The repair was of great quality as I couldn't even see any signs of the phone being opened, and it was returned to me absolutely spotless. I'd highly recommend their mobile repair as it beats driving into the city or being without the phone for a week or two.