Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy wearable app cannot connect to samsung cloud

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 04:05 PM)
Max2ksr
Explorer
Options

I have just received my new S23 and I'm pairing my Watch 5 Pro to it. Naturally, this mandates a reset of the watch (irritating SAMSUNG), so I backed up everything before starting the process. I've now paired them, but when I go to restore last backup to the watch via the wearable app on the phone, it states "error has occurred, cannot connect to the Samsung cloud". I've cleared data and reset the phone, but still get the error message. This is irritating as I had quite a lot of time invested in getting the watch set up the way I like it.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Max2ksr 

I'm wondering if there is a way to pair it up as a new watch to the phone and then when it's set up fully then go into your Wearable App and then use the restore ?

I haven't gone down that route with my Samsung Watch⁴ Classic as it set up with the restore as it should.

If not then clear caches of the app and try again. Don't clear the data part.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Max2ksr
Explorer
Options
When you pair it as a new watch to the phone, the watch says it needs to be retset to complete the setup, thus wiping the watch of everything it had stored. I tried to prepare for this by using the backup feature in the watch settings within the wearable app on my old phone (before I reset the watch and paired it to my new phone). The new phone says that the (fully updated) wearable app on it cannot connect to Samsung cloud so can't perform a restore.
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy s23 base model Plus or Ultra
0 Likes