Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play store

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 08:09 PM)
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
My apps won't update automatically on the play store, so I have to manually check, there's never any updates until I open some apps, then they show in the play store to update, ive cleared the cache on play store , but just seems strange 
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jayboi54 

Yes unfortunately this has never worked for me either in regards to updates.

I periodically check in the Playstore to update the apps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Hi, I have to open my apps then go back into the play store and then it will show if there's any apps that need updating , weired
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I also noticed this, I turned off Auto updates. Since I actually get Google notifications that there are updates available. Good thing about this is there is a few that need updating, and not a lot upon checking when auto update was on. So fewer apps to update in less time.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's never worked for me either.
0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Least it's just not me then
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I always thought it's where battery management places low used apps to sleep and therefore does not trigger the need for updates.

Saying that, I've got into the geeky habit of checking galaxy and playstore every morning to update the apps on the list...

Does get frustrating when you have those apps you don't use much, to open it up and it requires a mandatory update before opening....
sonic64
Explorer
Options
Mine also don't update automatically.i am always going into Play store and Galaxy store to check updates, even cleared cache, data etc to no avail. I might try turning the auto update off to see if that helps.