Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic - problem solved / default browser

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 10:10 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll pass on a tip. 

I could not log into the Lidl Plus app which I just installed on my phone. Long story short, the problem in this instance was the Edge browser, once I changed to the Samsung Internet browser, that problem disappeared. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
3 REPLIES 3
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

This is curious, I went back and made Edge the default browser and had no problems opening the already installed and activated app.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I tend to use Chrome browser as a default at the moment. I haven't really taken to Edge yet, it's getting better but on the PC I come across a lot of stuff that doesn't seem to work in edge yet but not sure about phones as I haven't used it on a phone. It may just a perception but I think chrome has been around longer so tends to support a wider range of functions etc. However what I don't like about all of the major browsers is the level of background activity and gathering of personal data for marketing which use your data and battery life. I am trying out some alternatives like Firefox focus and duck and go etc which make it easier to stop a lot of the monitoring and recording of your personal data and background activity so jury out yet. Hope this helps
0 Likes
annieh1234
First Poster
Options
Any help with changing security settings on browser ? Some sites won't work it's on highest security
0 Likes