Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC problems S23

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 09:00 AM)
MagsK
Journeyman
Options
Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced any problems with NFC in S23?? Im having massive problems with payments as NFC stops working at least once a week. I have to restart device to make it work again. Extremally annoying! I only got my new phone 3 weeks ago. Any recommendations please??
31 REPLIES 31
AndrewL
Options

@MagsK: Next time the issue occurs, please head to Settings > Connections > NFC and contactless payments, and make sure that this is toggled on. Furthermore, check the Contactless payments settings to ensure that your default payment type is selected, and you have 'Pay with currently open app' toggled on. 

If the issue persists, please can you confirm which app you use to make contactless payments with? Furthermore, do you get any notifications or error messages when you attempt to use the app, or is it simply unresponsive? 

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Also, do you have a  case on your phone? It might cause some interference 

MagsK
Journeyman
Options
Hi, all settings are in line with your suggestions.
The app is unresponsive when I try to use it. I dont get any notifications. I use google pay.
I have never come across that kind of issue and Im Samsung user for the last 11 years.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I use NFC every day on my S23U and the majority of the time it works flawlessly. I use it with Google pay and with a Sumup App to make and receive payments the phone can even act as a machine i.e you tap the back of the phone with a debit card to accept a payment which is really convenient. When it does run into trouble it's usually due to a poor internet connection or the card gets declined when the bank requires it to be presented with a pin so it blocks the transaction, which can be a nuisance if your not carrying the card with you. There have been a few occasions when it stops working but it's usually following a problem with a particular card. I have several cards in Google pay if one fails I switch to another card which usually does the trick. My advice is add a backup card in Google pay and carry the actual card with you as tech has a habit of choosing the most inopportune moment to play up
gnc
Explorer
Options
Keep nfc on
0 Likes
CourtneyL
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue! I purchased my phone late February and the payments stopped working mid-March. I have not been able to fix it no matter what settings I play with. 

Lonjack668
Student
Options
Hello, I have the same problem. Upgraded from S20 Ultra which was flawless in terms of NFC payment. Now when travelling in London underground NFC just flatly refuses to work until I reboot the phone. It's not case or settings as it starts working again after reboot. There is an issue either with the firmware or wallet software on this version of Android (Android 13)
MagsK
Journeyman
Options
Absolutely agree. Same problem. London underground barriers give me the most headache. no setting change helps ... sadly
AndrewL
Options

@MagsK: Due to the persistence of the issue, I recommend sending an Error Report via the Samsung Members app, so our team of experts can take a detailed look at any potential software issues that might be affecting the device. 

To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. Please don't restart your phone prior to sending the report, as this will clear the system logs, and the relevant data will be lost. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.