Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC problems S23

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 09:00 AM)
MagsK
Journeyman
Options
Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced any problems with NFC in S23?? Im having massive problems with payments as NFC stops working at least once a week. I have to restart device to make it work again. Extremally annoying! I only got my new phone 3 weeks ago. Any recommendations please??
31 REPLIES 31
lozula
Student
Options
Same here. Nfc works fine most places but the London underground barriers are awful with my s23 ultra and Google pay
noakesmikey
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same issue as MagsK and I have tried every solution, that is advised. Sometimes Google Pay works, sometimes it doesn't. Seriously annoying. Used to have a OnePlus 7 Pro which worked flawlessly. The last time I had a Samsung was way back with the S5. Really liked the OnePlus. I'm wondering now, whether I should have bought the latest flagship OnePlus. I'm feeling really disappointed ☹️
0 Likes
MagsK
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew,
With all respect, I understand that reporting a problem on the scene would be the best solution for the engineers to have a clear view on what went wrong, but I simply do not have time to do that. Especially on the crowded tube stations, where Im rushing to get the train. As far as I can see, Im not the only one having the same issue, which means the problem exists and its quite big and possibly can develope if no research is done.
noakesmikey
Apprentice
Options
Looks like this issue has fallen on deaf ears and is not being addressed. Think I made a bad choice 😞
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I use it everyday when commuting or shopping. I need more patience when shopping because, I think, how the terminals are positioned and design for tapping with a card. I need to rotate the phone and keep it still for a second or two. On the underground or busses it just works on a first tap 

0 Likes
noakesmikey
Apprentice
Options
There's been a Google Wallet update, over the last few days and this seems to have cleared the issue that I was having.
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

If this issue only occurs with one specific app, you may not have to restart your phone, but instead, go to Settings / Apps / the app in question, and force a stop.  

I had an issue within the last year with a supermarket app (here in the Netherlands) and to resolve it, I would initially restart the phone, which worked.  After giving it some thought, I simply forced the app to stop and then reopened it saving me some time.

Just a thought.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
Agh718
First Poster
Options
Same same same! It's really only on TFL, now pretty much every other day. Any other retailer is fine. It fails then any attempts after is as if the phone disables Google Pay or NFC entirely. I have to restart my phone entirely and then it works. What's going on, this is a brand new S23+!
tidusuk123
First Poster
Options
I'm having the exact same issue. Very frustrating
0 Likes
lozula
Student
Options
I have just had this issue and sent a report
0 Likes