Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation bar block / One UI 6.1

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 06:48 PM)
Lexi0011
Apprentice
Options
I was so excited to get the One UI 6.1 update with all the new AI features, only to discover a giant navigation bar block atrocity at the bottom of my screen. 

I do not appreciate the bottom chunk on my screen being cut by this stupidity. What an ***** concept. 

I have scoured through the Internet and Samsung Members looking for a solution of how to get rid of it. I tried the goodlock as well. I have also contacted Samsung Support. None of the above had a solution. 

For reference i have an s23 ultra. Apparently s24 series has an option to hide it but not s23 series. 

Further, due to all of this screen rescaling everything lags and wobbles. The phone's response time slowed down considerably. 

These seem to be issues for the majority of people on here. I am therefore awaiting a further update fixing these, but most importantly getting rid of that ridiculous block at the bottom of my screen.

40 REPLIES 40
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
this post can fix it.🙂
0 Likes
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Screenshot of it?
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
0 Likes
Xessive
Explorer
Options

Sadly, this is not relevant. This post is about the 3-swipe navigation.

The OP is talking about how the single swipe bar now occupies a chunk of the screen at the bottom instead of being a simple overlay (like the Pixel).

UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah sorry! you can adjust the height via the navstar application.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is the height adjustment settings in navstar.1712080253512_1712080253506_0.png
0 Likes
Xessive
Explorer
Options

Here's my screen:

1000008401.png

0 Likes
Xessive
Explorer
Options

Yeah but that's only for button navigation.

On Gesture navigation it only allows you to alter the width of the gesture handle. Even then, it still retains the entire block in the background of the gesture handle.

UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
ah sorry. Silly me😅😅
0 Likes