Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

IMAP EMAIL NOT WORKING ON MOBILE DATA

(Topic created on: 02-12-2023 07:45 AM)
CikaLaza
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, i have S23 ultra 256gb. And huge problem with emails, i am using my business emails and i tried Samsung Mail, Outlook, Bluemail and other apps and none of them can connect to server using mobile data. I have no data restriction on those apps, and i have all the settingy enabled. When i connect to Wifi everything works just fine. 

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's usually an issue with the email settings e.g port No, SSL setting, outgoing server(SMTP) and incoming server(IMAP). I find I have to set these up manually for most IMAP accounts as phones usually default to incorrect settings. If you go to your email provider and get the IMAP settings for your email account it will let you set it up or change the settings manually. The mobile apps can be a nuisance. Hope this helps

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
CikaLaza
Apprentice
Options

I dont get it why doesnt it work with mobile network. As soon as i connect to wifi it works perfectly fine. I use the same simcard in other phone, with exactly the same setup it works just fine. I dont get it

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Connecting to work email server? 

0 Likes
CikaLaza
Apprentice
Options

Its an IMAP emails

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It can be an issue between your mobile  and email provider. It is a pain to troubleshoot or even resolve. If you have web version email access that should work 

0 Likes
Solution
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's usually an issue with the email settings e.g port No, SSL setting, outgoing server(SMTP) and incoming server(IMAP). I find I have to set these up manually for most IMAP accounts as phones usually default to incorrect settings. If you go to your email provider and get the IMAP settings for your email account it will let you set it up or change the settings manually. The mobile apps can be a nuisance. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Solution
CikaLaza
Apprentice
Options

I dont get it why doesnt it work with mobile network. As soon as i connect to wifi it works perfectly fine. I use the same simcard in other phone, with exactly the same setup it works just fine. I dont get it

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If your email works on WiFi but not on mobile data this is usually down to your mobile or roaming settings in your email, phone or SIM settings. Check that they are set to allow download or sync over mobile data otherwise it will wait until your connected to WiFi to work. Hope this helps
0 Likes
CikaLaza
Apprentice
Options

I just solved it. It was about IMAP and SMTP settings..