Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sim no service s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 04:56 AM)
wendessary
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy S23 

I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra a month ago and I've been experiencing a huge problem with my mobile data recently. i suppose the latest update caused it but it can be anything else although ive ran out of possible ideas what it can be. so basically when I have a 4g/3g/2g toggled on it keeps saying no sim no service for about 5 seconds and then it back connects to 4g/4g+ but it won't go automatically to 3g/2g so it turns off my sim and mobile data completely for a few seconds. ive already figured that if i turn on 3g/2g mode it works absolutely fine but it's a way slower connection and I need my 4g working. I've already tried turning my phone off, restarting it, resetting mobile network settings, changing sim etc.

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate how this would be frustrating @wendessary 

First try inserting the sim card in the alternative slot i.e slot² to see if that helps. 

If not then run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

The issue could also be the sim card itself. 

Can you test your sim in another phone and if possible another sim card in your phone. 

If the issue turns out to be your sim card then your network can arrange a sim swap to replace it. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
wendessary
Apprentice
Options

i have an e-sim so it can't be the sim itself causing the problem. its working great on my previous phone. ive already tried inserting the other sim and the same thing keeps happening. I've checked if the safe mode would do anything and the answer is no. no app is the reason of it. 

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
One of the reason why the 3g and 2g are getting switched off by the network providers as they are too slow to keep up with the demands on our recent phones so they need a faster connection
0 Likes
wendessary
Apprentice
Options

yeah I know but there are some places where it can't access 4g/4g+ due to different reasons so it should automatically switch to 3g/2g but for some reason it just doesn't instead it turns off my connection saying "no sim no service" 

Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Settings>connections>SIM manager. Could you possibly screenshot that page (blank out any personal details ie phone number). You don't say if you also have a physical SIM as this may cause interruption if you're using as dual SIM. S23 Is only dual SIM passive so can only use one SIM at a time.
0 Likes
wendessary
Apprentice
Options

1000029956.jpg

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
That looks fine. Reach out to your network provider and check for any network issues in your area. They can also go through any troubleshooting in case the eSIM needs attention.
0 Likes
wendessary
Apprentice
Options

I just don't think its the sim causing the problem cause on my previous phone it worked absolutely fine and I've tried other sim on this phone and the issue is still present 

Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Could be problem with the phone as you say or the eSIM. I'd speak to network provider first to rule out any problems with eSIM and then last resort a full factory reset. If physical and eSIM are still having these problems then reach out to Samsung for a repair or replacement.

Also, try this site
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/
0 Likes